By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Bowing

G

gerryinromania

Will Norwich City players be forced into kneeling down before kick off? Will fans be kicked out by stewards if they do not agree with this gesture?

morty

morty

Staff member
I don't think anyone will be forced into it, but I do wonder what the new players, from overseas, will think about it, not every country has bought into it like we have.

My personal opinion is that it is a load of old bollocks, but would I boo it, no, probably not. They will hide the gesture in amongst us singing "On the ball City" so as to avoid the issue. I doubt stewards will kick people out, they had absolutely no right to before, and hopefully they will realise that.

morty

morty

Staff member
No matter how many may cry "Oh but it is nothing to do with BLM, see below...

BLM.jpg

For me it is an absolutely empty gesture that means nothing, and has frankly made divisions worse. Desperately grasped by the left wing of society to convince us Britain is a racist hellhole, and only they can solve it.

And what is the end point? Because there will always be some form of racism in society, so are they going to keep doing this forever?

Keep all politics and political statements away from sport.

morty

morty

Staff member
I think it's encouraged by the PL, and frowned on if not adhered to.

At the risk of being called names I don't agree with it.

"At the risk of being called names" sums up the issue. These people don't want debate, they aren't interested in your opinion, instead they just want to shut it down by calling you a racist, and tell you that you are being silly, and your opinion is wrong. Hardly freedom of speech...

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I agree with Les Ferdinand, it’s become a hashtag or badge, and as Morty has said, in some ways it’s actually made things worse.
I remember going to QPR a number of years ago and was wearing an anti racism badge that I still wear now. A big black bloke patted me down and said “ like your badge” I said “ yeah, I hate all Ipswich fans regardless of where they’re from “. He saw the funny side which was good. :)

G

gerryinromania

some kind person has changed the thread title. I never said anything about booing, I titled it as BOWING, it was still that earlier

G

gerryinromania

Fenway, my thought was bowing down and taking the knee. Thanks Morty, I'm a wee bit ancient to be too much of a stirrer :)

G

gerryinromania

Wonder if the FA southgate and the kneelers, will give a passing thought to the poor sods in Afghanistan at their next game?