Bradley gone to Derby

G

GJP

Well-Known Member
I won't lose sleep. Comes up short at this level. Good chunk of money for him.
 
dj161

dj161

Well-Known Member
wouldnt of mind so much if we had brought a couple of players in today to replace him, but nope nadda
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
6m apparently.

Id have been delighted with that 2 years ago. I know we went down a level, but playing BJ in a new more forward position added goals to his game, playing almost as a second striker, where before he was only ever played as a defensive bruiser.

I think we'll miss his aerial ability.

Perhaps Mulumbu was seen as an upgrade all along
 
G

GJP

Well-Known Member
Maybe AN has watched the tapes of him in the Prem and noticed how easy teams go past him.

Brilliant goal return last season but general use of the ball and slowness to react and move still a problem.
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
Depends where you play him I guess. i agree, not goos enough for the Prem as a central midfielder, but his contribution on the left transformed his output. I think they've got him on the cheap there. Consider that Championship clubs have been known to pay 8 figures for players
 
G

GJP

Well-Known Member
I doubt he'll ever have another season like last.
 
Wiz

Wiz

New Member
I know I'll get laughed at but I'm close to tears about this.
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
I think he must have seen that his opportunities would be limited and taken the opportunity. I can't really see why Neil would want to sell him. Unless he rates Howson/Vadis ahead of him in that role this season. 

Our left side is now includes Olsson, Brady and Toffolo.
 
I

It's Character Forming

New Member
I was hugely impressed with his general play and shooting ability last season plus when we didn't have a tall striker up front he was our regular target for long balls on the left.  

Yes he's been looking a bit off the pace so far this season but I can't remember being so amazed that we've sold a player.  When Sutton went I was more disappointed but this is much more surprising.

very disappointed tho TBH
 
dj161

dj161

Well-Known Member
if he was moving up after last season to a top 10 club I'd be a bit more excepting of it, but this just seems ridiculous, only positive really is that we havent sold him to one of our rivals for this season ie bournemouth or sunderland
 
Din

Din

Well-Known Member
Gutted. Probably wouldn't of started regularly but in my eyes he had a role to play. 
 
Suffolk Canary

Suffolk Canary

New Member
I can see why he'd want to go. And to be honest I'm not he had what it took to be a regular for us at this level, but could've still been an important player this season and a huge one if we were to go down (touchwood).   Especially as it looks like we won't be bringing anyone in, it seems a very strange decision to let him go.  McNally and AN don't seem like the kind of people to let a player walk out of the club, unless they had a huge moment of humanity and thought he deserved to be set free to cause havoc in the Championship after what he did for us last season.  
 
Keckers

Keckers

New Member
As with everything, it's all opinions. In this case, the opinion of the club and Bradley was the move was better than staying. I am hugely surprised. I don't understand him going down a league after last season. Yes, he was exposed defensively in the Prem last time but playing in the more advanced role should reduce these situations. Plus he has heart, as we saw at the weekend after a huge number of the others had let their heads go down. 

I've always been a big critic of BJ and would have driven him to any club that wanted him two years ago, but he improved and deserved another chance with us in the Prem. we owed him better after he stayed last year despite interest from elsewhere. 

I'm genuinely disappointed by this, and not a little concerned about how this window will be judged. 
 
dj161

dj161

Well-Known Member
got to assume that Olsson is almost back to full fitness and that him and Brady are going to be the regular partnership on that side, still had a role to play when covering left mid or playing in center, coming on as an impact sub when needed, just really really dont see the sense in this one
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Am I the only person who finds this one a bit bizarre? 
 
Stan The Fan

Stan The Fan

New Member
My guess is that Alex fancies Mulumbu ahead of Johnson and when Derby came in with a decent amount they sold him without a qualm.
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
Am I the only person who finds this one a bit bizarre? 
Depends on who we replace him with. If we replace him.

Can see why he'd want out, can see how the club would accept the price. So in that sense it isn't that strange.
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top