By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Club Classics and Folklore Games

C

Club Classics

Dear all, we need your help.

We are researching club folklore games and also games that have particular great memories for you. We are looking for your own personal Club Classics and why they mean so much to you. What were your favourite games ever and why.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Rob

C

Club Classics

Come on everyone - let's hear about the games that still make you smile or send a shiver down the spine! You know the ones we mean - the club classics the one you will never forget!

dj161

dj161

Beating Derby 3-2 in the 2010-11 season in the last minute, that was the moment we all realized we might actually do it and get back to back promotions to go back to the premiership, I've never seen or heard Carrow Road be as loud and go as beserk as we did in that moment, and I doubt i'll ever experience anything like it again, was absolutely insane, watching it back with Chris Goreham and Neil Adams commentary still gives me chills, was a special moment

C

Club Classics

Beating Derby 3-2 in the 2010-11 season in the last minute, that was the moment we all realized we might actually do it and get back to back promotions to go back to the premiership, I've never seen or heard Carrow Road be as loud and go as beserk as we did in that moment, and I doubt i'll ever experience anything like it again, was absolutely insane, watching it back with Chris Goreham and Neil Adams commentary still gives me chills, was a special moment

That's exactly what we are talking about.. any other favourites out there?

N

Number 9

David McNally in the Directors box threw the ball to Paul Lambert on the touchline, he threw it to a player who took the throw, a couple of passes later we had scored!
Possibly against Leicester? Can't remember correctly but it was the time we romped straight through from nowhere to the Premier League.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Just the incredible atmosphere at home to Bayern Munich in the UEFA Cup, second leg.... another iconic Jeremy Goal moment to draw the fixture but seal the victory on aggregate, after we'd beaten them at the Olympiastadion. We were the only British to beat Bayern Munich in their 34 years playing at that stadium.

The first leg is so famous that it has its own Wikipedia entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayern_Munich_v_Norwich_City

I was only about 9 and the Snakepit had only just opened, I'm 33 now and I've yet to experience an atmosphere like it home or away, despite attending to play-off finals at Wembley and plenty of Old Farm derby's, the Norwich fans had hundreds of inflatable canaries and were in full colour and voice for 90 minutes. It was also my first experience of German fans and their famous scarf twirling.

Highlights of both legs...

My other favourite memory was the Vitesse at home game in the first round of the same campaign, ball came flying into the Riverend and my dad headed it straight back onto the pitch, a header that any old fashioned centre half would be proud of, he got a round of applause and somebody asked him if he played pro... but that's a bit more of a personal memory!

dj161

dj161

David McNally in the Directors box threw the ball to Paul Lambert on the touchline, he threw it to a player who took the throw, a couple of passes later we had scored!
Possibly against Leicester? Can't remember correctly but it was the time we romped straight through from nowhere to the Premier League.
Was against Reading, this is from the mirror.co.uk

Teamwork does not get any better than the effort which brought Grant Holt a dramatic winner.

Reading’s 10 men were hanging on in the fourth minute of stoppage time when they hacked a clearance into touch.

Norwich chief executive David McNally caught the ball in the directors’ box and chucked it down to Paul Lambert on the touchline for the manager to immediately roll it back onto the pitch for a throw-in.

Twenty seconds later, striker Holt slid in at the far post to steer home a low cross from midfielder Andrew Crofts with the last kick of the game.

N

Number 9

Was against Reading, this is from the mirror.co.uk

Teamwork does not get any better than the effort which brought Grant Holt a dramatic winner.

Reading’s 10 men were hanging on in the fourth minute of stoppage time when they hacked a clearance into touch.

Norwich chief executive David McNally caught the ball in the directors’ box and chucked it down to Paul Lambert on the touchline for the manager to immediately roll it back onto the pitch for a throw-in.

Twenty seconds later, striker Holt slid in at the far post to steer home a low cross from midfielder Andrew Crofts with the last kick of the game.

Thanks for your hard work, what a moment it was.