Deadline Day Dealings

Din

Din

Well-Known Member
Gonna be a lot happening over the next 20 hours or so, so thought we may as well have a thread for this.

Not technically deadline day for another half an hour yet, but the first bit of news is that Van Wolfswinkel has joined Real Betis on loan.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
but the first bit of news is that Van Wolfswinkel has joined Real Betis on loan.
Dani Pacheco plays for them, out on loan though.

Pleased that we aren't going to try and persevere with RVW this season, just not the right player. 
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
One big ugly forward in, one little pretty forward [apparently he is indeed a forward] out. Good start. 
 
I

It's Character Forming

New Member
Priority for me is a CB in.  And what's going to happen about Grabban?
 
Din

Din

Well-Known Member
Can't see him leaving now tbh, not now Bournemouth have signed Murray.
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
Can't really see him staying and being behind at least Jerome and Mbokani. 

Championship loan or to be used as leverage in another deal.
 
dj161

dj161

Well-Known Member
lots of rumours that Bradley Johnson could be heading to Derby, I'd be gutted if that happened, as after last season no one deserves a second shot at the premiership more than Bradders, cant see it happening though to be honest
 
Personal Trainer

Personal Trainer

New Member
Always feel sad when players who have a major role in getting a club promoted are not really equipped for the change in quality at the new level, happens everywhere. The difficult managerial decision must be, do we keep them in reserve in case we end up getting relegated or do we let them go. I suspect the latter will always be the case.
 
derehamyella

derehamyella

New Member
It is the Daily Fail, and can you see Johnson moaning about first team chances after just 4 games especially after signing a new deal in  Feb,  I can't  he has had spells on the sidelines before and never was there a whisper of discontent.  

I will be gutted and more than a little angry if that happened,  there are times we need someone with his mindset. I cannot see the fight Jonno has in Dorrans or Brady .

I have got my pork pie hat out, but hoping I won't be eating it
 
Din

Din

Well-Known Member
Wouldn't want us to sell Bradley. As someone to throw on for the last 10/15 minutes when you are pushing for a goal and often playing long balls into the box, he's probably the best option in our team to get something on it. There will be a fair few games like that I imagine as well.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Wiz
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
Johnson rumour is simply ridiculous. Worse than Martin to Burnley in January.
 
Din

Din

Well-Known Member
Had a bid rejected for Bournemouth centre back Steve Cook apparently.
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
I think windows only shut for buying players, they could still sell.

Rumour is probably *bleep* though.
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Yes that will mean that they can't buy any players, they'd still be able to sell a player to any country where the window is still open. 
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
Does anyone use a site that keeps a good and accurate squad list for us? Teamtalk and others are usually horribly inaccurate. I just feel there are so many rumours knocking around I want to know who is still here and who's gone!
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Does anyone use a site that keeps a good and accurate squad list for us? Teamtalk and others are usually horribly inaccurate. I just feel there are so many rumours knocking around I want to know who is still here and who's gone!
Wiki looks spot on, have already removed RVW and shows Mbokani. 

No. PositionPlayer1 GKJohn Ruddy2 DFSteven Whittaker3 DFAndre Wisdom (on loan from Liverpool)4 MFBradley Johnson (vice-captain)5 DFRussell Martin (captain)6 DFSébastien Bassong7 FWLewis Grabban8 MFJonny Howson9 FWDieumerci Mbokani (on loan from Dynamo Kyiv)10 FWCameron Jerome11 FWGary Hooper12 MFRobbie Brady13 GKDeclan Rudd14 MFWes Hoolahan15 DFHarry Toffolo17 MFElliott Bennett No. PositionPlayer18 MFGraham Dorrans20 MFTony Andreu21 MFYoussouf Mulumbu22 MFNathan Redmond23 DFMartin Olsson24 DFRyan Bennett27 MFAlexander Tettey28 MFGary O'Neil31 GKJake Kean32 MFVadis Odjidja-Ofoe33 MFLouis Thompson— DFAdel Gafaiti— MFReece Hall-Johnson— DFReiss Awuah— MFConor McGrandles— MFCameron King
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
From SSN

09:21

BUSY AT NORWICH

There could be two ins at Norwich today and one out. Our reporter Chris Hull has the latest...

He said: “Dynamo Kiev striker Dieumerci Mbokani has been secured, initially on a one-season loan, but that’s with a view to a permanent deal.

“Also, Danish international defender Erik Sviatchenko could be on his way from FC Midjtylland for £2.2m.

“Don’t rule out another bid from Bournemouth for Lewis Grabban, and also potentially leaving Norwich today on loans are record signing Ricky van Wolfswinkel – who joined two summers ago for £10m – Gary Hooper, Elliott Bennett and also Kyle Lafferty.”
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top