Canaryboy
Well-Known Member
So our summer signings are:
I just feel really deflated. I doubt it is a lack of ambition, we just weren't appealing enough to players for one reason or another.
I'm actually worried about our lack of squad depth. We could all pick a good XI when all players are fit, but we are a couple of injuries away from some serious problems. We are an injury to Redmond away from Elliott Bennett, assuming he stays, we are an injury to Brady away from goodness knows who, an injury to Bassong away from playing Bennett with Martin.
Any two injuries in defence, or any winger injured, and we are weaker for not having reinforcements.
I don't rate our squad as anywhere near as strong as our best XI, and this is the Premier League....
I know that people don't always like negativity, I'm just down in the dumps.
- Andre Wisdom (Loan)
- Dieumerci Mbokani (Loan)
- Robbie Brady (£7m)
- Graham Dorrans (£2.5m)
- Youssouf Mulumbu (Free)
- Jake Kean (Free).
- Bradley Johnson (£6m)
- Michael Turner (Loan)
- Ricky Van Wolfswinkel (Loan)
- Vadis Odijda-Ofoe (Loan)
- Tony Andreu (Loan)
I just feel really deflated. I doubt it is a lack of ambition, we just weren't appealing enough to players for one reason or another.
I'm actually worried about our lack of squad depth. We could all pick a good XI when all players are fit, but we are a couple of injuries away from some serious problems. We are an injury to Redmond away from Elliott Bennett, assuming he stays, we are an injury to Brady away from goodness knows who, an injury to Bassong away from playing Bennett with Martin.
Any two injuries in defence, or any winger injured, and we are weaker for not having reinforcements.
I don't rate our squad as anywhere near as strong as our best XI, and this is the Premier League....
I know that people don't always like negativity, I'm just down in the dumps.
