By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Dirty Dirty Leeds

Are Leeds going to be Champions?

• Yes, Pep was right and we're happy to be second.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Leeds will blow it, the owner will go to jail and Beelzebub will be in Hellesdon Hospital.

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

I’ve been to Leeds and found that going to Elland Road was actually better than when they come here
Away fans probably all the banned ones who are known by West Yorkshire police football intelligence unit so can't go to Elland Road :D

I know a few rowdy Leeds fans who sit near the away fans at Elland Road and they all have pretty good jobs that they wouldn't want to lose in a scrap.... one of them did warn me about a lot of coin throwing recently though.

Expect lots of pairs of binoculars too after the news story about us kicking up a fuss, lots of fans had them for the Derby game...

N

Number 9

Leeds have released their team for Saturday, probably going to look at City training to see how Farke deals with it.
Bielsa chatting about Pukki, complimentary but obviously mind games before the match. We'll see what he says after the game when Pukki has just scored a 98th minute winner, bounced in off his rrrrrs

N

Number 9

You'll probably find that the Leeds ultra will stand down once they realise that our leader has man flu and won't be there. :eek:

N

Number 9

£200,000 fine and a promise to behave themselves

morty

morty

Staff member
Thats actually quite a fine, to put it into context, the Russian national team got fined 20k for racist chanting.

In other news they have a real injury crisis going on, latest is that striker Kemar Roofe, who has scored 14 this season, is out with a knee injury, they say they hope to have him back before the end of the season, so that doesn't sound good.

N

Number 9

Tuesday Leeds travel to QPR to play their game in hand.
The reverse fixture was won by Leeds 2-1 with a very fortunate pen for handball which didn't happen.
However, QPR won the cup game between them in January 2-1 at home.
The R's home form of late isn't brilliant, but Leeds too, struggled to win against a Bolton side which we ripped apart.
Leeds have a tough game Friday too against West Brom who currently sit in fourth just below Leeds.
Our players can put their feet up and watch the fun on big screen til Saturday.

I've no idea for guessing results of Leeds 2 games this week, anything could happen.

morty

morty

Staff member
Tuesday Leeds travel to QPR to play their game in hand.
The reverse fixture was won by Leeds 2-1 with a very fortunate pen for handball which didn't happen.
However, QPR won the cup game between them in January 2-1 at home.
The R's home form of late isn't brilliant, but Leeds too, struggled to win against a Bolton side which we ripped apart.
Leeds have a tough game Friday too against West Brom who currently sit in fourth just below Leeds.
Our players can put their feet up and watch the fun on big screen til Saturday.

I've no idea for guessing results of Leeds 2 games this week, anything could happen.
I will be glad to see their game in hand out of the way. I think they will beat QPR, and I would hope for a draw between them and West Brom, or even a West Brom win would be good.

And this is how it is going to be for the rest of the season, with top spot changing hands constantly, there are 4 teams all in good form, I can't see one of them suddenly running away with it.

N

Number 9

I will be glad to see their game in hand out of the way. I think they will beat QPR, and I would hope for a draw between them and West Brom, or even a West Brom win would be good.

And this is how it is going to be for the rest of the season, with top spot changing hands constantly, there are 4 teams all in good form, I can't see one of them suddenly running away with it.
Think our fixtures are 'more favourable ' though?

morty

morty

Staff member
Think our fixtures are 'more favourable ' though?
Technically. But I don't hold much faith in skipping through a fixture list going "Yeah we'll win that, and that one, I reckon a draw there" etc etc. There are so many variable factors, especially as you get near the end of the season. Teams on the beach who have nothing to play for, teams fighting for relegation etc. The one thing in our favour is that some of our rivals still have to play each other, so someone will drop points.

N

Number 9

Technically. But I don't hold much faith in skipping through a fixture list going "Yeah we'll win that, and that one, I reckon a draw there" etc etc. There are so many variable factors, especially as you get near the end of the season. Teams on the beach who have nothing to play for, teams fighting for relegation etc. The one thing in our favour is that some of our rivals still have to play each other, so someone will drop points.
Friday night

morty

morty

Staff member
Leeds fixtures in March involve 3 or 4 top 6 teams.
Oh aye, there will be lots of toing and froing, the top spot will change hands virtually every week. The players, and just as importantly, the fans just need to hold their nerve.

morty

morty

Staff member
I think I read somewhere that either West Brom or Sheff U (can't remember which) have just as "easy" a run in as we do.

N

Number 9

I think I read somewhere that either West Brom or Sheff U (can't remember which) have just as "easy" a run in as we do.
Middlesbrough is looking ok, they've got to play us, all the others have to play each other.

dj161

dj161

These are the remaining fixtures that the top 4 have to play against top half sides

West Brom
Leeds (A) 3rd
Swansea (H) 12th
Birmingham (H) 8th
Bristol (A) 6th
Preston (H) 10th
Derby (A) 7th

Sheff Utd
Leeds (A) 3rd
Bristol (H) 6th
Preston (A) 10th
Birmingham (A) 8th
Forest (H) 9th

Leeds
West Brom (H) 4th
Bristol (A) 6th
Sheff Utd (H) 2nd
Birmingham (A) 9th
Preston (A) 10th
Villa (H) 11th

Norwich
Swansea (H) 12th
Middlesboro (A) 5th
Villa (A) 11th

also worth pointing out that Sheff Utd have the Sheffield derby away next weekend which has to factored in to their difficult games remaining, though it does look pretty positive for us all in all

N

Number 9

Leeds fan on Talksport this afternoon said it was a three horse race in the Championship "Leeds, West Brom and Sheffield United"
I laughed out loud! Assume he was referring to the race for second place. :D