By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Euros

N

Number 9

Don't worry, they've got to play a proper team yet!:cool:
Am I right in thinking that Denmark have been playing above their normal levels because of the Ericsson situation?
I don't think England will have too much problem with them, surely?

OldRobert

OldRobert

Am I right in thinking that Denmark have been playing above their normal levels because of the Ericsson situation?
I don't think England will have too much problem with them, surely?
You don't sound overly confident Number 9! :D

morty

morty

Staff member
210035342_350016283360957_3003507709670069571_n.jpg

N

Number 9

Now we all know the teams, what score for the final.
90 minutes.

2-2

morty

morty

Staff member
I think Southgate's game management was poor last night. I think the early goal threw him, and he had some weird idea of us being able to shithouse a one nil win. Too negative in extra time, we had enough to win that before it got to pens, and absolutely no way Saka should have been at number 5.

I'm annoyed, this was on a plate for us. We got an easy path to the final, with virtually all our games at home. We will never get a better chance to win a major tournament.

N

Number 9

I think Southgate's game management was poor last night. I think the early goal threw him, and he had some weird idea of us being able to shithouse a one nil win. Too negative in extra time, we had enough to win that before it got to pens, and absolutely no way Saka should have been at number 5.

I'm annoyed, this was on a plate for us. We got an easy path to the final, with virtually all our games at home. We will never get a better chance to win a major tournament.
He lost it big time.
We just sat back and let Italy have shooting practice, we all said it was only a matter of time before they equalised.
Then after they scored, we were shell-shocked, they didn't seem to be able to change

OldRobert

OldRobert

Can't argue with any of that. There is also an argument to say the first time England came up against a good team, they lost. If they had had, Belgium, France or even Spain I don't think they'd have been in the final. As you say not so much an easy path, rather a very easy path to the final. I know you still have to win the games, but with nearly every game at Wembley, I'm surprised other nations didn't kick up a fuss tbh.
Agree totally re the penalty takers.................why didn't Sterling or Grealish step up. Very poor to expect two players who'd been stewing on the bench for 2 hours to perform miracles, and as for Saka............Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

morty

morty

Staff member
Southgate's answer to the penalty takers was that they had done well in training. Well I can play like Messi in my back garden, but not so sure I could do it at Wembley, with the entire nation's hopes and dreams on my shoulders.

Should have gone for experience.