By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Fixtures.

morty

morty

Staff member
Kinda hard to even get remotely excited about the fixture list, when you don't even know if you're going to be allowed to go to the games...

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Kinda hard to even get remotely excited about the fixture list, when you don't even know if you're going to be allowed to go to the games...
I had a number of away games I wanted to do to tick off new grounds, four of them are in the first couple of months :(

SwindonCanary

SwindonCanary

first couple of months ? I doubt if we will be allowed in the grounds !

morty

morty

Staff member
first couple of months ? I doubt if we will be allowed in the grounds !
They are talking about maybe letting 6000 or so in after a few months, but that will be an absolute shambles. They have had consultations, but it will all end up an absolute bitchfest regarding who gets to the games.

I'm wondering why I bought an away membership now lol.

dj161

dj161

They are talking about maybe letting 6000 or so in after a few months, but that will be an absolute shambles. They have had consultations, but it will all end up an absolute bitchfest regarding who gets to the games.

I'm wondering why I bought an away membership now lol.

I don't think its such an issue in the championship as it is in the premiership, being told you can see Reading but can't see Birmingham no big deal for most, being told you can go to the Burnley game but cant go the Man City game would causes outrage

morty

morty

Staff member
I don't think its such an issue in the championship as it is in the premiership, being told you can see Reading but can't see Birmingham no big deal for most, being told you can go to the Burnley game but cant go the Man City game would causes outrage
That's a fair point, but the mechanics of it all is fraught with danger. You have 22,000 season ticket holders, I would presume they are looked after first. Where does that leave the thousands of people who have paid for membership? And casual fans, just as important in the pecking order.

After seeing the fallout on Twitter over the away membership, I can just see there being strife with this. You basically have to prioritise some types of fans over others, and that never goes down well.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Also with local lock downs occurring particularly oop north at the drop of a hat, that ain't gonna help, but then no doubt away fans won't be allowed anyway.

G

gerryinromania

Fixtures are out, but will it be real football this time? Games of 90 minutes in 2 halves, not 4 quarters. 3 subs and not a village full. No enforced kneeling. No crap on the shirts, names are important. No brown envelopes sitting waiting for the above reproach, impeccable humans in the var shed,
who are so honest, it's hard to believe your eyes, I know this part wont affect us. Will the officials be honest and do their jobs, without waiting for permission from some clown studying the details in the brown envelopes. Football almost lost me last season with all that crap. I wait with bated breath

N

Number 9

I suspect that non season ticket holders, faced with £10 fee to watch Championship games, will be watching streams instead.
It's bit strange that Sky will charge £10 for a day pass to watch 'big games' and not charge less for the kind of games we'll be involved in.

morty

morty

Staff member
I suspect that non season ticket holders, faced with £10 fee to watch Championship games, will be watching streams instead.
It's bit strange that Sky will charge £10 for a day pass to watch 'big games' and not charge less for the kind of games we'll be involved in.
I can tell you right now, I will not accept a free pass to watch the match on the telly, as a substitute for not being able to attend a game.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I can tell you right now, I will not accept a free pass to watch the match on the telly, as a substitute for not being able to attend a game.
Absolutely, if I can’t get in then I’ll be having a refund thanks

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

If you're not on sky, how does £10 per game suit your budget?
I have the basic sky package, I can currently get all the sports channels for £23 a month compared to £10 a game. The two don’t really compare in my opinion.