Grabban Keep or Sell?

  • Thread starter The Great Mass Debater
  • Start date
derehamyella

derehamyella

New Member
I know hinsight is a wonderful thing, but I remember back when we got, Grabban.  an straight away went after Wilson..  I wished then it had been the other way.  A couple of Coventry supporting relatives said he was the business ...    and now wish it even more.

if we keep him then pack him off on loan

to Inverness or even Iceland .. that will keep him cool
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Din

Din

Well-Known Member
Couldn't be bothered to create a thread for this, but odds for us to sign Charlie Austin have gone from 33/1 to 3/1 almost over-night.
 
Yellow Fever

Yellow Fever

New Member
AN has been adamant that he won't leave, but that could be just to force Bournemouth to increase their bid.
 
Indy_Bones

Indy_Bones

New Member
AN has been adamant that he won't leave, but that could be just to force Bournemouth to increase their bid.
Hope so, because I really don't want to see this guy play for us again, I don't think he's good enough on the pitch and his behaviour this past week off it further strengthens my dislike of what he brings to the club.

Let's hope that by this time Weds morning, he'll already have gone to Bournemouth for close to 7-8mil and we've instead got a new top striker and CB in his place...
 
Beauseant

Beauseant

Well-Known Member
Don't see him ever playing for Norwich again, but I suspect that we won't sell to Bournemouth out of principle unless they stump up ludicrous money. I suspect that Mr Grabban will be rotting in the Championship this season!
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Just a thought, but could Eddie Howe just be playing mind games here? 

Mark Hughes accused us of similar when the Walters bid was leaked before the Stoke game. 

Bournemouth's have been linked to several strikers that we have also been linked with (Murray, Gayle, Austin etc.), and our first game after the window shuts is against Bournemouth.

He could be using Grabban as a smoke screen whilst he pursues another player, with the added bonus of unsettling a rival team in the process, and leaving Grabban demotivated and ineffective for the duration of the season when we refuse him a move which wasn't even going to happen. . 

If I want to go full on tinfoil hat, a bit of revenge on Grabban in the process, if he didn't leave on the best of terms? 

This is a manager who talks a lot about psychology and regularly sends his players to a psychologist for sessions. 
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I

It's Character Forming

New Member
Well you could be right- and if so it's working!
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
So now we've kept him what next?

I think the idea we'll loan him out whilst rejecting 7m for him is crazy, so presumably he'll be forced to play. BJ rumours aside. All water under the bridge and will Grabban be reformed? Or is there something that will be bubbling beneath the surface in him?
 
Wiz

Wiz

New Member
So now we've kept him what next?

I think the idea we'll loan him out whilst rejecting 7m for him is crazy, so presumably he'll be forced to play. BJ rumours aside. All water under the bridge and will Grabban be reformed? Or is there something that will be bubbling beneath the surface in him?
This all seems very dubious and odd, guess we'll never know unless someone blabs.
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
Best way for Grabban is to get on the pitch and score a goal (or at least look interested). That will get people back onside.

Will be interesting to see where he is in the pecking order now that Mbokani has come in. Im guessing Jerome will still be first choice but Mbokani will be given chances to displace him. Grabban might find himself only being considered tactically and left out for games he's not felt to be the right player for.

Will be interesting to see if Lafferty and Hooper are loaned out. Id imagine one of them certainly. Hooper is the better goalscorer, but Neil might see Lafferty as closer to the others in terms of fitting into his system
 
Indy_Bones

Indy_Bones

New Member
Best way for Grabban is to get on the pitch and score a goal (or at least look interested). That will get people back onside.
That might get some back onside, but I'll not be one of them.

Should have been sold - regardless of whether or not we could bring in a replacement, and now his attitude is going to be stinking up the changing room alongside his already woeful finishing...

I'd rather we'd kept RvW and sold Grabban for 7mil, even though I know that RvW doesn't fit our system or style of play!
 
Yellow Fever

Yellow Fever

New Member
I didn't vote in this because I think that Grabban should only go if he's replaced by someone better, but that wasn't an option. I'd have been happy with Walters or Naismith, less so with Gayle. In the end none of those became available so Grabban stayed. Right decision, IMO.
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top