How long would you give Neil?

K

Killiecanary

New Member
Its a delicate balancing act.

how well will he do early on. If we struggle by say mid November and Paul Lambert still available u would be tempted
You might be - I absolutely would not.

 We are going to struggle this season - always we're going to.  We've just come up, every team that comes up struggles.  What on earth kind of a season were you expecting? 

Even if we're struggling I hope we stick by AN, in fact even if we go down I hope we stick by him.  

And as for Lambert??  Absolutely not thank you.  
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
and Paul Lambert still available u would be tempted
Nope, think he's lost a bit of what he had, plus he'd probably be coming without Culverhouse and his ipad. 

I'd only consider supporting parting ways with Alex Neil if things started getting hugely embarrassing or he completely lost the dressing room, and if we did I think I'd be more interested in seeing an experienced manager for a change, in that scenario I'd prefer it if Allardyce was still available. 

Bit of a silly thread this early in the season anyway, we've had decent start to the season considering we got an early red card in one game.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
The Lambert return has sailed. Squad has been overhauled too much now. a lot of Lambert's strength came from the players being 'his players'. Very few of them are 'his players' anymore, so the current bunch would have no reason to play for him above any other manager, so Lambert has nothing that Alex Neil himself cannot bring to the table
 
Wiz

Wiz

New Member
The club should stick with AN even if the worse does occur and the Lambert era has gone for ever imo.

Too many feathers ruffled on all sides for a 'return' to happen.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
If the club continue to play as they have been and we still go down I imagine the fans' anger would be directed towards the board this time.

No need to think about that though. We'll cross that bridge if we come to it.
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top