By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

How much for Hooper?

S

shaun_wilkinson

There's talk of interest in Hooper. Should we cash in again? How much would you sell for? 

Last edited by a moderator:
BarclayBoy88

BarclayBoy88

Rumour is that we will look for around £7 million, but I really wouldn't like to see him go. If he did, wouldn't accept anything under £5 million with add-ons.

S

shaun_wilkinson

*bleep* lol That's HOOper yeah... Can you edit this???

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

I'd sell for £7m, but replacing him with Cameron Jerome would be a backwards step. 

Sam Baldock would be a better choice, 25 years old and scored 25 goals last season. 

BarclayBoy88

BarclayBoy88

I think Hooper could be good, but I really don't like players who come back in terrible shape.....just shows a lack of commitment to me and that annoys me when they are paid as much as they are.

Would take snapping up a few young, hungry and talented players from League one.

R

RhythmicTheory

I'd sell for £7m, but replacing him with Cameron Jerome would be a backwards step. 

Sam Baldock would be a better choice, 25 years old and scored 25 goals last season. 
think we already have plenty of that type of striker already, although he is a handy player, we are short an out and out target man.

As for hooper, I would snap your arm off for 7 mil in his current condition.

S

shaun_wilkinson

Yeah I don't think Jerome would come in to replace Hooper. I think Adams wants 4 quality options up front so If Hooper did go I'd expect another player in.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

think we already have plenty of that type of striker already, although he is a handy player, we are short an out and out target man.

As for hooper, I would snap your arm off for 7 mil in his current condition.
I actually disagree, if Hooper leaves we don't have a fox in the box - and Baldock would be a suitable Hooper replacement. 

Grabban scores most of his goals from the edge of the area and just outside it (based on his Bournemouth goals compilation),Lafferty just doesn't score many goals, by the sounds of the game yesterday and the Watford game we have been putting a lot of good balls in and around the 6 yard box but nobody is attacking them, 

That's why I'd prefer us to keep Hooper, if he left though - I'd like to think we'd replace him with a similar player. 

Jimmy smith

Jimmy smith

£8m and it's a deal. I think we should spend the money on defence and loan a promising premiership striker. With Grabban, Lafferty and (maybe) Jerome, we can afford a gamble, especially with Loza there and Morris on a recall as well as Becchio who is still there. We still look light in defence even with Cuellar, Turners new deal and Martin thinking he's a CB. I'd want another non-slow CB but i'd take Naughton for £5m instead if Russ is serious about challenging at centre half.

Monty13

Monty13

I'd like us to keep Hooper, but if we are selling, and I suspect it would only be because he wants the move, realistically I'd want at least 8 million. Long contract, no need to sell and did score in a struggling team last year. When Fulham were prepared to splash 11 million on a player with a similar record to Hooper at this level, 8 seems a bargain.

I'd also say if we do get Jerome we will still need another forward if Hooper goes, otherwise we are looking pretty threadbare if we have injuries, especially when we seem to favour playing 3 forwards (counting Redmond in that bracket).

Dandy Mountfarto

Dandy Mountfarto

I think its unlikely we'll sell Hooper, remember we failed to sign Wilson because we were unable to offer enough first team football. If we'd known at that point that both RVW and Hooper were not up for it, you'd think we could have made a better case to him.

skijumptoes

skijumptoes

We cannot rely on Grabban (Plus midfield) purely to get us goals, Lafferty max 10, same for Jerome, can't sell Hooper unless we have someone lined up to come in.  Hooper 20+ in this league for me.

Yellow Fever

Yellow Fever

I agree. Hooper is our only orthodox penalty box striker. Adams has made it clear that he wants to use a variety of formations any of depending on the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition. Hooper could play up front in a 4-2-3-1 with Grabban, Lafferty, Redmond or Jerome flanking Wes in the hole. Similarly he could play up front in the centre of a 4-3-3. 

S

SussexYellow

Back to the original post. What is the talk and who is interested?

I have not picked up on any yet, albeit I anticipate that there will be plenty of speculation come the end of the month.

The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

Anything less than 8m and I would say why sell? Its up to the buying club to make an offer to tempt us. Hooper will score goals at this level. Only thing is whether he can force a move or not Bassong style. If we need to get rid shouldnt be for less than 8m

BroadstairsR

BroadstairsR

IMO Hooper will be the last of the 'big names' to depart and I would regret it.

By 'big names' I am really talking about 'big-cost' and hardly any of them performed to expectation last season. So what am I talking about?

Redmond still remains one of the 'smaller names' unfortunately.

Hooper, who does seem a bit injury prone since donning the Yellow, is capable of being a class act in this division, and we all know it.

Somehow it is possible to doubt his commitment to NCFC and it always seems he is looking to improve himself, despite him doing insufficient to warrrant a move in the upward direction and being one of 'Arry's 'triffic' players.

I would be happy to see the window close with Gary Hooper still at Carrow Road as I feel that there is unfinished business with this player, despite the fact that he always seems a bit dopey.

Yellow Fever

Yellow Fever

I'd also like to see Hooper stay, but only if he is committed to the cause.