By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

How much for Hooper?

BarclayBoy88

BarclayBoy88

Fer rumours doing the rounds on Twitter that Reading are trying to get Hooper on loan for the season.

Don't see the point in that for Norwich. 

IamonlyoneGuy

IamonlyoneGuy

Can't see us letting Hooper go out on loan to Reading as surely the only reason he wants to leave would be because we are playing Championship football.  I've seen rumours that Hull are interested but I would want a lot of money for him because he scored a fair few goals in a Norwich side that struggled to score last season.  Additionally, McCormack went for £11 million and he has never played in the Premier League so why would we consider less than that for Hooper?

ZLF

ZLF

or that adams, like rvw,  does not want him at the club?    He alternated starting both, suggesting he sees little value in either,   so offloading his wages to another club may suit us?  

And he was poor last season, so reading may be our only chance? 

BarclayBoy88

BarclayBoy88

or that adams, like rvw,  does not want him at the club?    He alternated starting both, suggesting he sees little value in either,   so offloading his wages to another club may suit us?  

And he was poor last season, so reading may be our only chance? 
I find that hard to believe as just two days ago Neil Adams was quite confident that Hooper was going absolutely nowhere and as soon as his fitness was back, he would play a big part this season. Adams words. 

IamonlyoneGuy

IamonlyoneGuy

I find that hard to believe as just two days ago Neil Adams was quite confident that Hooper was going absolutely nowhere and as soon as his fitness was back, he would play a big part this season. Adams words. 
I think it could be a Leroy Fer situation where Adams wants to keep Hooper but if a silly offer for him came in, he would accept and use that money to flesh out the squad.  However, Hooper is a good goalscorer so I would love it if we could keep him as he could be the difference in winning promotion and not.

Watling the Gnome

Watling the Gnome

If Ross McCormack is £11m, then Hooper must be the equivalent.  I suspect Fulham's outrageous money-flashing has raised the bar on all strikers, especially ones who have previously done well in this league.

Boyerboy

Boyerboy

Fer rumours doing the rounds on Twitter that Reading are trying to get Hooper on loan for the season.

Don't see the point in that for Norwich.
The rumour originated on Twitter from a "journalist" who is a student at Bournemouth university. Yeah right! Bound to have intimate inside knowledge at Norwich or Reading

Yellowfuture

Yellowfuture

I would be extremely surprised if Hooper was sold or went out on loan. We are going to need all the quality we can get up front if we are to mount a serious challenge, why let him go now and then potentially be looking to bring in an overpriced striker in January.

M

mustard gas

If he leaves it will be to the EPL and for serious money. Why would he leave us, a team with a serious chance of promotion, to join another championship team, one with probably a lesser chance of reaching the promised land. That rumour is a non starter in my book.

W

windy

I would be suprised IF he left for another Championship team. But If he left for a Premier team, I would not be so shocked or worried as I trust DM to make it a good deal for city!

C

CanaryNath

Agree with most others here, that Hooper will only be leaving to go to a Premier League team. We don't need to sell, and would not sell/loan to a rival club. 

Reading rumour is utter tripe.

If he does leave, then i'd expect another £7-8million to be bolstering our coffers. 

S

shaun_wilkinson

With Hulls attempt to get Rhodes now "dead and Buried" I wonder if they will have a go at getting Hooper?

skijumptoes

skijumptoes

Hooper more likely to go to Palace, think he's been highlighted to leave the club since Neil come in personally.  Can't help but wonder if he and Ricky were both offered wages that are an obstacle to justify.  If we get rid we're idiots.

Hull's definitely a good shout though.

I wonder if there's something still in the Commons/Hooper swap with Celtic too, but that probably sways on this Vadis deal brewing.... Either way i can't shake the feeling that Hooper is off, and there's many pots brewing under McNally's nose.

Last edited by a moderator:
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

I don't think there ever was anything in a Commons/Hooper swap deal. If Hooper goes back to Scotland isn't it as if he's admitting that he isn't good enough for the Premier League?

If he goes I expect we will have somebody else lined up so I'm not too worried.

S

shaun_wilkinson

Looks like Hooper is off to Palace. No idea who we would bring in to replace him but we will need another striker.

skijumptoes

skijumptoes

Big fan of hooper, so will be gutted if he goes, needless in my eyes after all the chasing we done to land him here.

Sure the celtic link probably nothing in it, but in regards to him going back - In all honesty Hooper may not have such a grand idea of the premiership after experiencing it, it's not all it's cracked up to be let's be honest.  He's a guy that wants to be scoring goals.

When you see the support in Celtic, i imagine it's an amazing club to be around as a player, unlike anything that's offered south of the border or what many players would experience.  I could totally understand the sentiment to go back in to that environment, and let's be honest he would be trading in Championship for the chance to play Champions league again next year.

But, i think Palace, Hull... somewhere like that is where he'll end up, 5-6 mil range no doubt.  And we're turds for allowing it.

Strongly feel that his wages are an issue, not necessarily to afford, but to justify.  Can't see any other reason for there not being a statement decreeing that he's a City player and not for sale before now.  Every player that's left thus far has done so under the guise that they're injured.

I think Adams is going to be expecting a lot of goals coming from midfield/wide areas if he goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agent Dale Cooper

Agent Dale Cooper

Looks like Hooper is off to Palace. No idea who we would bring in to replace him but we will need another striker.
Can't find any evidence of this... is it just a hunch, or inside info, or is there an article/report I've missed?

Agent Dale Cooper

Agent Dale Cooper

Apparently odds got slashed from 6/1 to evens.
Bet Victor as well, rather than Sky Bet... that's more worrying. Sky Bet link their odds to their transfer 'info' to fleece punters. If VC have slashed the odds that much, it means someone (or ones) has laid a substantial amount of money on it.