By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Injuries

OldRobert

OldRobert

Thanks for the update Morty. No good news there. Have to hope Hanley gets fit in the next 10 days. Bit gloomy like the weather!

morty

morty

Staff member
Club confirms Trybull out for 6 weeks.

Yay.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Can't just be a week anymore can it, has to be bloody weeks or months, even a season for us. I'm sure it never used to be like that.................I blame the boots they wear!!

morty

morty

Staff member
Max Aarons limps out of the game tonight, turned his ankle making a goal saving tackle, and ended up with the man of the match award for his troubles.

morty

morty

Staff member
Hmmmm, I saw Godfrey more as unlikely to start, will be happy if I'm wrong.

I don't think I have ever seen an injury list like this, especially so early in the season. Ridiculous.

OldRobert

OldRobert

So many key players. Has to be a reason surely, or are we being kicked off the park?

morty

morty

Staff member
So many key players. Has to be a reason surely, or are we being kicked off the park?
Zimmermann you could say we rushed back, but a tackle is a tackle, so was more that. Max turned his ankle in a goal line clearance, unavoidable. Onel fell down the stairs lol. Krul is a training injury, I think Godfrey is a calf strain?

I think we get a lot of muscle strains in pre season because we put so much onus on fitness, but you could also say that we do take risks on players that have had injuries in the past.

Over all I think I would just say we have been a wee bit unlucky.

Din

Din

Was genuinely in a foul mood all afternoon after seeing that injury list. Was so excited to see how this squad would fare in the Premier League after last season and it feels like genuine bad luck is just taking away that opportunity. Every player in that list aside from Hanley and Roberts were key to our promotion last season. Absolutely gutted.

The one that gets me the most is Zimmermann. I know I've said this a few times and I know there's not necessarily a correlation with his previous injury as it was a shocking challenge from Haller, but I really really wished we hadn't tried to have rush him back for that West Ham game instead of letting him have 2 weeks over the international break to fully recover.

Don't wanna be too negative but it feels like we've just got to try and keep our heads above water until January where we'll have everyone back fit and will be able to sign some players. To say that though after just 4 games of the season is so disheartening, particularly as it's not dictated by anything other than horrendous luck.

I hope most of all that all these injuries doesn't kill the amazing atmosphere that was created from last season around Carrow Road.