Keep playing like that City...

Wiz

Wiz

New Member
And we won't be going down thats for sure.

Some excellent football played today, well proud of them all.
 
Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Well-Known Member
This is deja vu, I've seen this post somewhere else ?
 
Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

Active Member
Yep, so far this season just one below par performance, we should have more points!  

Today we looked like an established EPL side and were the better side for much of the match, so yes we keep this up and we should at least avoid a scrap.
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Its a long season and we haven't faced any of the top 5 or 6 teams yet (unless you count Liverpool) but very good start. We do goals from our strikers though, just 1 thus far. 
 
Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

Active Member
But canary boy dont you agree that our season is not about how we perform against the top five or six, but the rest, and so far so good with just one disappointment? 
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Its about getting to 38 points really, we've got 9 from 7 games, my point is that 12 of our 38 games are against the 6 best clubs in the division and we've not played any of them yet in my opinion. 

Its a promising start and I'm sure we'll be fine, but there is a long way to go. We've got a pretty daunting run of games to come before Christmas and a period where the games come thick and fast, just saying its early days. 
 
Last edited by a moderator:
splutcho

splutcho

Moderator
Was at a wedding yesterday and missed it all. Would have taken a point beforehand but to concede such a sloppy goal at the end is a killer. Actually the first one was awful defending as well. We're doing well, but I feel like we should be on more points than we are.
 
T

Trevmuttley

New Member
I'm almost certain we will be  in the PL next season, there are a lot of clubs who are going to be fighting for points this season. I felt so sorry for them yesterday so close but we need to move on to the next game we are no longer little old Norwich.
 
Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

Active Member
Yes, certainly get where you are coming from on  your point Canaryboy, and we will undoubtedly need a few bonus points from those matches I guess. Looking at the level of performance we have had so far, I actually expect us to deliver a few from the home matches against those top teams, really do.
 
morty

morty

Moderator
Staff member
I think the biggest thing for me is that we look the part. No one, apart from Lawrenson, is predicting doom for us. Yes of course its likely we will get drubbed by the likes of Man U etc, but I fancy us for the odd shock result against a big side. Lawrenson is right in a way re strikers, but I feel Jerome is playing well, and just needs a goal or two to get him going.
 
Beauseant

Beauseant

Well-Known Member
I thought he was off his game yesterday to be honest and may well be pushed by Mbokani next week. The latter did well when he came on, particularly when he cleaned out Tomkins!

There's a different feel this season. We look very much in control and are getting plaudits from opposing fans every week. Who are these six invincible teams Canaryboy? I really would fancy us against anyone at the moment. Yes, Citeh, United and Chelsea on their day can be irresistible, but I don't see anyone else to fear.
 
Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

Active Member
Thinking about it, that's a fair observation Beauseant......and you know away from Old Trafford I can see United dropping points too....its going to be an interesting roller coaster season all round, already is!
 
Beauseant

Beauseant

Well-Known Member
I think its quite an open league this year. Like you I'd fancy us to take points off "big" teams at home, but unlike last time in the Prem I fancy us to do it away too. The days of going behind and the game being over are long gone.
 
ZLF

ZLF

Well-Known Member
we have a great clarity around team roles and responsibilities at the moment which means everyone has to contribute or be dropped - the team spirit is excellent and 4141 suiting us fantastically and causing teams problems;  whether we will be found out as managers twig our tactics remains to be seen but having numerous goal scorers is definitely in our favour.

We can clearly improve (soft goals and missed chances) but while we are scoring we have nothing to fear,  except when we ourselves dont show such as at St Marys which remains an unexplained aberration so far this season
 
I

It's Character Forming

New Member
Yes we've done well so far and 9 points from 7 games is a sound start.  I'd include Liverpool in my "big 6" teams -  But we haven't played any of the big 4 (ManU, ManC, Chelsea, Arsenal).  Having said that, I wouldn't write-off those games as a source of points, home or away.

The worry for me is that other teams everyone expected to be weak are producing some good results eg Bournemouth, Watford.  And looking at the bottom of the table, the bottom 3 (Villa, Newcastle, Sunderland) will all be sure to change their managers before too long if they don't improve.  Which could lead to a big turnaround from them.

I have this feeling this season could see a massive pile up in the middle of the Prem table, even more than in previous seasons.  When we were relegated we were solidly in the mid-table pack until our form nose-dived with about 10-12 games left, and the margins were so tight that a bad run by us and a great run by Sunderland saw us relegated with a game to go.  I can see the usual couple of clubs being well adrift not happening this year (hope I'm wrong as long as its not us). 

So I'm cautiously optimistic but I have the feeling it's going to be a real rollercoaster ride this season.
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Yes we've done well so far and 9 points from 7 games is a sound start.  I'd include Liverpool in my "big 6" teams -  But we haven't played any of the big 4 (ManU, ManC, Chelsea, Arsenal). 
I certainly wouldn't mind playing Chelsea right about now.
 
eatonparkboy

eatonparkboy

New Member
I know it means nothing but Goals on Sunday mentioned that we play with no fear. There will be no sitting back taking bloody noses hoping the other team hurts its knuckles. We know we can't defend, there is only three teams conceded more and one of them is Chelsea, so we give the forward players a chance by playing it early and quick. And that is all you can ask from the team. Yes we will lose as many as we win but AN and his men will be pleasing on the eye throughout.

I am not worried about the top six beating us. What will be will be. My major worry is injuries/suspensions to players. Hopefully a fit Mulumbu will ease the worry in midfield but I'm not sure the "reserves" have quite the same qualities we are displaying at the moment.
 
B

bloodwagon

Member
AN said, as long as we entertain the crowd, he does not worry about the results.

So there it is, play without fear, and the results will come. (I hope)

Must say, this season is a million miles from the crap we played when we went down last time.

its easy on the eyes. Like we know what we are doing. One twos all over the pitch. Nice way to play.

AN knows what he wants and gets it. A bit like PL, NOT the same, as PL would send on two more strikers if we were losing

AN will just sub a player whose not in the game or playing under par. As our bench is hungry. Players who want to come on and do there stuff.

I feel good about this season. Just hope we can hold onto AN for a few seasons more.

That is my take on it, I guess there's some out there who will disagree, but I dont care.

Its my opinion :)
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top