kirku
New Member
I too doubt we'd spend 7m on a backup. Personally, I think Toffolo has looked decent; he certainly didn't look out of place against Augsburg
I'm pretty sure most people are thinking this.Brady's ability to cover left back is just a bonus on that scenario.
You can't just give someone a chance because they've been through the youth setup.
They'll get a chance if they've shown enough - in the manager's view.
I remember when people thought the likes of the Jarvis brothers and Spillane were first team quality.
I never really saw much to get excited about.
Brad and Brady
You can give everyone a chance. And not just one game. Whether they are up to it is the question. That is when a manager shines. Not just going out and buying someone.You can't just give someone a chance because they've been through the youth setup.
They'll get a chance if they've shown enough - in the manager's view.
I remember when people thought the likes of the Jarvis brothers and Spillane were first team quality.
But the question is whether we can afford to buy someone for a large fee when they may not be a starter?I am far from convinced that signing Brady is primarily about cover for Olssen. I agree that Toffolo offers something there. I think Brady is far more about competition for Bradley. We all know how good Brad was last season but it was a halcyon time and begs the question of whether he can repeat it especially at a higher level?
When Brad is off the pace, as at Wembley, we have little threat on the left and little option for change. I think we shall see Brad and Brady sharing left as we shall see Howson and Dorrans sharing in the centre with the one in form having possession and the other being used as competition and to change things when needed.
Brady's ability to cover left back is just a bonus on that scenario.
Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.