Looks like we've signed Brady!

KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
Would be surprised if any Norwich fans had seen Hull enough to properly judge him really.

Value is whatever a team is willing to pay.
 
Suffolk Canary

Suffolk Canary

New Member
Would be surprised if any Norwich fans had seen Hull enough to properly judge him really.
True, but Alex Neil probably has.  If he thinks worth it, then I'm going to assume he's right unless i see otherwise when the season starts. 

This is why i dont understand why some people are so irate about the fee. Wikipedia stats only tell a small part of the story, especially for more defensive minded players 
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Would be surprised if any Norwich fans had seen Hull enough to properly judge him really.
Could easily replace "Hull" with the name of the team of literally any signing we ever make. 

I can't remember ever watching a full Hull game which we weren't involved in, but I do watch most Ireland games. 
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Beauseant

Beauseant

Well-Known Member
Sadly it tends to be the default position for some people. The usual response is that players on big fees are a waste of money and those on low ones (or even, god help us, frees) are automatically crap, Mulumbu being a case in point. Very few of us (myself included!) see enough football to really be able to judge the quality of players and our opinion should always bow to the club's scouting network. Of course, players can bomb, as a certain Dutchman has proved but generally, if they're good enough for Alex they're good enough for me.
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
Not really. Some players have been around for a while and others play for teams that aren't Hull.
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
The old free transfer chestnut. Yeah, with signing on fees and bigger wages they won't work out much cheaper than a regular transfer on most occasions.

Mulumbu would have commanded a pretty decent fee had he been under contract.
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Not really. Some players have been around for a while and others play for teams that aren't Hull.
How much have you seen of Brady? 

Or to put it another way, why are you being so negative about this signing? 

From where I'm sitting we desperately needed a decent left sided player. If this transfer goes through I think we'll have one. I can't really see a downside. 
 
Last edited by a moderator:
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
Not much. Unless we were playing them why would I choose to watch Hull? 

I didn't even watch MOTD much last season.
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
Wait, I did actually watch a Hull match towards the end of last season. Can't remember who it was against but they were rubbish. Only event I remember from the game was Hernandez punching somebody about 30 seconds after coming on. 
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
I just see the need for a left sided player, and the manager/club seeking to fill that need with a player who - based only on the few times I've seen him for Ireland - should be of sufficient quality.

Problem = we need a left sided player. Solution = we sign one. 

Hopefully he'll make an impact and hold down a place in the first team. If he doesn't, then we play Bradley Johnson.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
I can't really remember being negative over the potential transfer. It's not like I'm a bitter Johnson fanboy or anything. 

Have rejected the idea of 7-9m fees but that's nothing to do with what I think of him as a player. You are right though, they don't matter.
 
G

GJP

Well-Known Member
You can give everyone a chance. And not just one game. Whether they are up to it is the question. That is when a manager shines. Not just going out and buying someone.
Depends on the circumstances.

But say Olsson was fit, do you say to him "Martin, sorry mate, you're not playing the first few games because Harry has done alright on tour?"

What if Loza had scored half a dozen goals in pre season and Jerome didn't get any?

I'm not against young players being given the chance but I don't think they get it just for being there, for having gone through the ranks. I trust what the manager sees in training tells him enough about whether someone is worth a shot or not.
 
morty

morty

Moderator
Staff member
Finally looks like a done deal!!

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2015-07-27/norwich-city-finally-agree-brady-fee-hull-city-manager-bruce-confirms/
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
Finally. Hopefully we can get that through before 7.45 tomorrow.
 
Yellow Fever

Yellow Fever

New Member
Brady saga finally about over then, as long as he agrees personal terms of course.
 
Beauseant

Beauseant

Well-Known Member
He has, according to reports coming out of Hull a little while ago. Looks like its just down to the medical now.
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
I don't think personal terms were ever likely to be a problem. Wouldn't be surprised if negotiations had been done during the week and he just had to come down and sign. 

Would be typical if they now find something wrong during the medical. 
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
Bang on.

It's like the price of your car and your house in isolation are meaningless. What matters is can you afford the new one with the sale proceeds and your savings. With football transfers it's whether the price of the player is within your resources and that player will add value.

There have been loads of "He's only worth xxxx" type tweets. Presumably born of Manager games where getting the value of a player is important.

Value is not a fact. It is an opinion. Sterling would only be worth a few million to us because that is all we can afford. Sterling is worth £47m to Man City because they've got that money and are willing to pay it.

Brady is worth whatever McNally and Neil can afford and are willing to pay.

The value of anything is only what someone else is willing to pay
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top