Mad Mick losing the plot.

eatonparkboy

eatonparkboy

New Member
I am not in the McM corner. I think there was a real basis of truth in what Keane said about him. Yes he has done OK but not OK enough to make him a top manager.

I get sick to death of hearing how he has done a brilliant job etc and he made reference to how we had had Prem money but were still in the same division as Ipswich. He had Prem money at Wolves for goodness sake and got them relegated.

Well McM get your facts right. NCFC was in serious debt even after the Delia bail out. And how did we get rid of that debt. We went and got ourselves promoted to the Prem!! That money cleared our debt. It wasn't paid off by a sugar daddy or foreign potentate. Or Marcus Evans.

So in fact, Lambert, Hughton and Neill were/are doing better jobs than you McM.

Some might think he is a top man. Personally I think he is a boring c@@@!!
 
N

Number 9

Well-Known Member
I did read that, seems they are pleased with draw and we are gutted with draw.
 
G

Garry H

New Member
I live in Woodbridge so I get to read the local press & have Ipswich friends Mick is actually very popular with the fans the frustration being you have an owner worth 700 million and he will not give the manager any money to spend.

Mick McCarthy is allowed to get on with it with no interference from the owner and he is the longest serving manager in the championship so I don't think they will part company. Nothing wrong with rant & rage least it shows some passion....note Mr Neil
 
Din

Din

Well-Known Member
There's a difference between having passion and then calling your own fans who pay hundreds of pounds every year to watch the team you manage, and have been doing so well before you took charge and will continue well after you leave, 'Boring C*nts'. 
 
Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Well-Known Member
Din, it's the other way round. A supporter called Mick a boring c 
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
A lot of Ipswich fans are too thick to realise how lucky they are having Mick McCarthy, they've punched well above their weight for the past four years under his management considering their financial situation, playing budget, and status as a selling club. 

They were calling for his head last season. I'd love to see them sack him, and then suffer when they realise that they won't be able to attract a manager of his calibre again and they'll take their rightful place in the bottom half struggling with the Blackburn's, Birmingham's and Rotherham's.

If Alex Neil was to leave for whatever reason then I'd be 100% supportive of us rescuing Mick from that dump, with some talent at his disposal and a bit of a budget to play with he'd be returning to the Premier League.

He's literally the only decent thing about that club. Hopefully the idiots will abuse him on a weekly basis until he walks  ;)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Din

Din

Well-Known Member
Din, it's the other way round. A supporter called Mick a boring c 
Fair enough :D Mis-read it.

Even so as a supporter who pays money they're entitled to say what they like to an extent. As I said there's a difference between passion and acting like a d*ck. His comments weren't terrible but if they were made by Alex Neil I'd feel a bit embarrassed.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
eatonparkboy

eatonparkboy

New Member
A lot of Ipswich fans are too thick to realise how lucky they are having Mick McCarthy, they've punched well above their weight for the past four years under his management considering their financial situation, playing budget, and status as a selling club. 

They were calling for his head last season. I'd love to see them sack him, and then suffer when they realise that they won't be able to attract a manager of his calibre again and they'll take their rightful place in the bottom half struggling with the Blackburn's, Birmingham's and Rotherham's.

If Alex Neil was to leave for whatever reason then I'd be 100% supportive of us rescuing Mick from that dump, with some talent at his disposal and a bit of a budget to play with he'd be returning to the Premier League.

He's literally the only decent thing about that club. Hopefully the idiots will abuse him on a weekly basis until he walks  ;)
If he ever became our manager then they would have to take the roof of the stands so the ball could be seen more often. Awful, dreadful style of football
 
G

Garry H

New Member
No chance Mick becoming our manager he is on 1.5 million a year no chance our board paying that kinda money for a manager no we go cheap and pick up a guy nobody had ever heard of with probably one of the best squad's in championship history and fail to go up automatically but luckily Boro froze at Wembley and went up.

He is so out of his depth its scary change please he is not good enough
 
eatonparkboy

eatonparkboy

New Member
Nine negative posts so far, more than a hint of bin about Garry, 
I did wonder myself after he boldly mentioned living in Woodbridge and supporting a manager who makes Jack Dee sound like Kriss Akabusi.
 
G

Garry H

New Member
Delia Smith from Stowmarket. Doesn't matter where I live still been to every home game since 1980 if you are happy with the manager then you are totally I respect your view....but please show me some respect too.
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
No chance Mick becoming our manager he is on 1.5 million a year no chance our board paying that kinda money for a manager no we go cheap and pick up a guy nobody had ever heard of with probably one of the best squad's in championship history and fail to go up automatically but luckily Boro froze at Wembley and went up.

He is so out of his depth its scary change please he is not good enough
I'm backing Alex Neil to get us up this year. 

I was just being hypothetical, that if he didn't work out then we could do a lot worse than Mick McCarthy, he's a manager who is too good to be working without a budget. 
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
If he ever became our manager then they would have to take the roof of the stands so the ball could be seen more often. Awful, dreadful style of football
"You can't polish a turd" as they say, or a collection of many individual turds. 

"Oh but there was a facebook video recently of an actual polished turd" I hear you cry, I saw that too. 

Well I recently heard the saying "If you polish a turd it is still a turd". 

McCarthy has had to make do with signing whoever is available for free and then trying to turn a group of misfits into a football team, when you are having to offer deals to has beens or never have beens like Giles Coke and Leon Best every year and it doesn't end up in complete disaster like it did at Blackpool... then you've got a very good manager on your hands. That's the one bit of praise I could ever give Ipswich, they have a decent manager. 
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Plus got to respect him for having that classic centre backs nose and not bothering to get it fixed, sign of a real man.  
 
eatonparkboy

eatonparkboy

New Member
Plus got to respect him for having that classic centre backs nose and not bothering to get it fixed, sign of a real man.  
No, he's a Yorkshireman, too bloody tight to get it fixed. 

"You can't polish a turd" as they say, or a collection of many individual turds. 

"Oh but there was a facebook video recently of an actual polished turd" I hear you cry, I saw that too. 

Well I recently heard the saying "If you polish a turd it is still a turd". 

McCarthy has had to make do with signing whoever is available for free and then trying to turn a group of misfits into a football team, when you are having to offer deals to has beens or never have beens like Giles Coke and Leon Best every year and it doesn't end up in complete disaster like it did at Blackpool... then you've got a very good manager on your hands. That's the one bit of praise I could ever give Ipswich, they have a decent manager. 
John Bond took over a similar club whose highest spend had been £40K and playing long ball and turned this club into a footballing one by bringing in players from a division two leagues below. And that club has tried to keep that style for the majority of the years since. He even got Duncan Forbes passing the ball!

So it doesn't follow that buying inexpensive or lower league players means you can't teach them to play football-if you really are a good manager that is.
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top