Making Carrow Road louder

T

TalkNorwichCity

New Member
Carrow Raod needs to be louder, especially with such a massive end to the season on the horizon! How do we do that? Here are some ideas. Do you agree with any of them? 

 
Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Well-Known Member
No offence but I stopped watching after just over a minute. We have to accept that we're never going to be the noisiest bunch as Norfolk people are just that little bit more reserved, plus the proportion of older supporters is probably quite high. Funnily enough I've just been on YouTube looking at Dortmund supporters, truly impressive. 
 
T

TalkNorwichCity

New Member
Have to disagree on that one mate. I have been to plenty of away games and the atmosphere has been great and Wembley no more so. We have proven on countless occasions that we have good vocal fans that just need to be put together! Agree ageing fanbase isn't ideal though! 
 
Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Well-Known Member
The atmosphere at away games always will be better. The title of the video is about making Carrow road louder isn't it ? 
 
T

TalkNorwichCity

New Member
Indeed it is, but why is it better at away games? Because like minded fans are together and it's easier to stand. That can be replicated at Carrow Road
 
B

Bill and ben

New Member
The age profile can probably only be addressed by ground expansion and efforts to attract a younger audience. These should be priorities if we survive

the other ideas of unreserved seating and/or safe standing are probably beyond the clubs control. 
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Haven't got time to watch the video, but safe standing in the Barclay Lower would improve the atmosphere. 
 
B

Bill and ben

New Member
i cant see any form of standing being permitted any time soon. Fact is that when standing was possible people died watching football, now they don't. What politician would vote to introduce standing and take the risk of blame when really the figures suggest that there is no need?
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
i cant see any form of standing being permitted any time soon. Fact is that when standing was possible people died watching football, now they don't. What politician would vote to introduce standing and take the risk of blame when really the figures suggest that there is no need?
The way that safe standing is configured prevents the surges and crushing that the old terraces had, have you see this video which explains it all?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apX5V1IJCW4
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wiz

Wiz

New Member
My solution is quite simple but dramatic, knock the ruddy hotel down and build a corner infill.. problem solved! :D  
 
L

Lavanche

New Member
First I want to say that I have followed your channel for a while now and thumbs up for it. We need active fans culture in medias that youth are using to get more youngsters in our fanbase.

It has been long time I have visited Carrow Road here from Finland. Previous time was 2013 season so probably not right person to comment, but as said standing sections will always spice up the atmosphere.

Here in Finland our national team has supporter group in North Curve (Pohjoiskaarre) and compared to their size they make quite much noise there. They have quite useful arrangement with FA as they have reservations for all the seats there and they inform month before the game how many seats they will take and organize distributing tickets to their organization members.

Ofc situation is bit different with national team as they have only couple games per year, but similar system could work in Carrow Road. (Again I have no idea how supporter groups work at the moment or how club members get their tickets, but in my opinion that is something to develope anyway as compared to other teams I think we lack organization which for example is big part of the yellow wall of Dortmund)
 
T

TalkNorwichCity

New Member
First I want to say that I have followed your channel for a while now and thumbs up for it. We need active fans culture in medias that youth are using to get more youngsters in our fanbase.

It has been long time I have visited Carrow Road here from Finland. Previous time was 2013 season so probably not right person to comment, but as said standing sections will always spice up the atmosphere.

Here in Finland our national team has supporter group in North Curve (Pohjoiskaarre) and compared to their size they make quite much noise there. They have quite useful arrangement with FA as they have reservations for all the seats there and they inform month before the game how many seats they will take and organize distributing tickets to their organization members.

Ofc situation is bit different with national team as they have only couple games per year, but similar system could work in Carrow Road. (Again I have no idea how supporter groups work at the moment or how club members get their tickets, but in my opinion that is something to develope anyway as compared to other teams I think we lack organization which for example is big part of the yellow wall of Dortmund)
Hey man, big thanks for your support! Really do appreciate it. 

Yeah that sounds like a good plan mate, whatever happens we need to catch up to foreign leagues as we are a long way behind in terms of atmosphere! 
 
Beauseant

Beauseant

Well-Known Member
Representatives of  fan groups are meeting the club next week to discuss this, so if anyone has any ideas I'll be happy to put them forward.
 
Wiz

Wiz

New Member
Just turn your TV up, Wizard.
You buy my ticket mate (I'm 68 and on a dogs turd of a pension) and I'll join you on the terraces.......savvy?

Just for a nano second when I saw your reply I thought I'd been transported back to the Pink One. <_<
 
Last edited by a moderator:
G

gerryinromania

Well-Known Member
You buy my ticket mate (I'm 68 and on a dogs turd of a pension) and I'll join you on the terraces.......savvy?

Just for a nano second when I saw your reply I thought I'd been transported back to the Pink One. <_<
Seems to me Wiz, that us oldies, are the cause of of all NCFC problems..Maybe football should only be supported by the under 30's and the rest of us go horse racing or slipper shuffling, in between sipping whisky and sorting out Sudoko puzzles
 
  • Like
Reactions: Wiz
Wiz

Wiz

New Member
Seems to me Wiz, that us oldies, are the cause of of all NCFC problems..Maybe football should only be supported by the under 30's and the rest of us go horse racing or slipper shuffling, in between sipping whisky and sorting out Sudoko puzzles
The sipping whisky bit appeals Gerry. :D
 
Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

Active Member
For me the associated big issue is the size of our ground,high percentage of season ticket holders and cost of casual tickets.....all contributing to the longer term growth of the supporter base that attend matches. It's something I really dont think the club take seriously enough, offering cheap tickets for early round cup matches that we tend to lose is not going to make much of a difference to attracting more new and younger fans. The ground needs expanding in size as a matter of urgency and a risk needs to be taken on this for the long term good of the club, its an investment the club can afford I'm sure, but they need to have a different mindset when it comes down to direct return on investment.

As for the noise, each time I make an appearance on my occasional trips back I am always surprised by how the atmosphere has changed over the years and how few parts of the ground actually make decent noise these days.......and also how old the majority of us watching are......also, if I am an example, then years ago I used to make a noise throughout the game, but these days pitch in on an occasional basis only,   
 
morty

morty

Moderator
Staff member
Being blunt, and slightly simplistic about it, if people want more noise, they just need to go ahead and make it. Instead of looking around and expecting someone else to do it for them.
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top