Mbokani Loan Deal?

Yellow Fever

Yellow Fever

New Member
Talksport is reporting that this has been agreed and that Mbokani will be flying in for a medical today.
 
derehamyella

derehamyella

New Member
now other sources backing that up to, including the Pink One..& EDP.   the money owing by the club to his previous club Anderlect forced the sale to be stopped, now a loan deal is next step, if he like us and is good enough perhaps a permanent deal will be on offer 
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Really hope its a loan with an option to purchase at an agreed price, would be annoying if he is a revelation and then just joins Liverpool or something.

But I'm also glad we are trying before we buy with this one! 
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
If this is true then I think we can expect another striker. 

I'm speculating, but I think we are going to say goodbye to both Hooper and Grabban and sign two to replace. 
 
Indy_Bones

Indy_Bones

New Member
Much more pleased that it's a loan deal rather than a perm signing, as I've got genuine concerns about whether:

A) He's good enough

B.) Has the right attitude

C) Has any resale value whatsoever

A loan deal sorts the majority of this out, without putting a millstone round our neck and gives us an option to send the guy back at some point if it's not working.

I just hope that we don't have to pay a silly loan fee to make it happen.
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
I just hope that we don't have to pay a silly loan fee to make it happen.
We probably have paid a substantial fee, didn't we pay £1.3m for Elmander?

Swansea paid £2m to loan Alvaro Vazquez, the Spanish player we were linked to. 

McNally himself said that loans are a revenue stream we want to tap into, which is why he created Neil Adams job, I guess that's just the way it works now.
 
Suffolk Canary

Suffolk Canary

New Member
Definitely think loan with option to buy is the best for us.  Especially with his age and no experience in England, he has a risk of being a flop (like all strikers do).  

I dont think re-sale value is too important, especially if we're in the Prem. We dont need to buy and sell players to make the cash needed to survive as a business anymore. If we signed him on a 2/3 year contract, he scored 8-10 goals a season for a couple years to help keep us up, then he's more than paid pack his worth
 
derehamyella

derehamyella

New Member
think it is Sky Bet that have made City favorites to land Austin, that changed in a few hours from 33/1 to 9/4 fav.    sometimes bookies are not far wrong....
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
lol we aren't signing Austin.

In regards to Mbokani, as I've said before. Looks as if he has the attributes to succeed in England but we'll have to wait and see.

Wonder if this being a loan means we're going to be buying another. .
 
Wiz

Wiz

New Member
Sorry but who is he?
surprised-027.gif
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
The guy we've been linked with since the beginning of the transfer window.
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
He's big, strong and appears to have quick/cute feet. The fact that Neil wants him would indicate that he's a hard working player that would suit our system. All be it in lesser leagues he has a brilliant 1 in 2 strike rate, although for whatever reason it didn't work out when he joined Monaco, In my opinion it does look like he has the attributes to succeed here.

At the age of almost 30 I'm sure he'll be feeling that this is his last chance saloon in earning a contract in a top league. The fact he'll be playing for that move does give me hope that he'll be putting in that extra bit of effort.

He's already moved to and played well in different nations so I doubt he'll have any trouble in settling in. Also his international team's captain has already joined us this summer.
 
ZLF

ZLF

Well-Known Member
similar attributes to jerome,   taking on loan suggests that the anderlecht problems cant quite be sort by kiev from the value we put on him.  a loan is  a good option as we can truly assess his game here.

Given the offers being made elsewhere I suspect we will be signing another striker yet;   which would then allow both hooper and grabban to be released;  helping to fund the incoming salaries.

All coming together nicely,  Olsson back to fitness,  strikers strengthening and I suspect a cb also to come.     Should be a great bank holiday weekend
 
Din

Din

Well-Known Member
This would make a lot of sense. Would allow us to bring a striker in who is an upgrade on the back-up strikers we already have, without spending much money at all, leaving us plenty of money to spend on another quality striker (hopefully Austin).
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
I dont think re-sale value is too important, especially if we're in the Prem.
That's the point though, it isn't important when you are in the Prem, but it was pretty important when we got relegated and sold Fer, Snodgrass and Pilkington for £19m.

Arguably selling those allowed us to retain a squad of sufficient quality to come back up. 
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Brian Fantana

Brian Fantana

New Member
His stats look good, that is never a guarantee but even we are paying £2m for a season's loan that has to be a better risk and better value than some of the silly fees being bandied around for untested players.
 
Yellow Fever

Yellow Fever

New Member
I suspect the loan fee might be included in the price we finally pay for him if we take up the permanent option, like a kidn of 'down payment', as was the case with Dorrans.
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top