Neil Adams Returns

Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

Active Member
Wiz, had NA left under a cloud and was unpopular, then yes there could be problems. But, on all accounts that was not the case, and other than a couple of issues with players, and my guess is AN has a few of those too, then this should be relatively harmonious. At the end of the day, he is a club man, much like Hucks and a few others, and those with the passion for the club should be part of the family if there is a role for them and they contribute towards the club's success. 
 
morty

morty

Moderator
Staff member
I am glad that the club kept their promise that there would be a role for Adams, but I really don't understand what it is.

Its a bit odd that they have invented something for him, when I thought something in youth coaching would have been the obvious role.
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
To me it seems that he's there to be a link between the academy and the first team. It's weird because I'm sure they already have people watching the kids away on loan and it's not like the club have struggled in loaning players out.

Anyway, the more good people at the club the better. Adams is good people.
 
the jarrold

the jarrold

Member
I'm sure there's more to it than some of us think. It can only be good to have someone full time, liaising with clubs who have our players, checking on progress, are they getting game time, support etc. I think its likely that the very top clubs have someone doing this role, particularly as they tend to hoover up lots of young talent to send out on loan for development. I think its a bit unfair to mock the club and Adams over this to be honest. He loves the club, the club said he'd be back and he is. He's one of the good guys and I hope he is very successful.
 
Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

Active Member
There is some scepticism and that cannot be any surprise , BUT with an underlying love... 
 
eatonparkboy

eatonparkboy

New Member
We knew he was being given a role at the club and that is that. He loves the club and obviously the area as well and I assume he has a family and they have grown up in the area. Just shows the side benevolent of football that should be advertised rather than the media frenzy when Mourinho or someone farts.
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
I'm sure there's more to it than some of us think. It can only be good to have someone full time, liaising with clubs who have our players, checking on progress, are they getting game time, support etc. I think its likely that the very top clubs have someone doing this role, particularly as they tend to hoover up lots of young talent to send out on loan for development. I think its a bit unfair to mock the club and Adams over this to be honest. He loves the club, the club said he'd be back and he is. He's one of the good guys and I hope he is very successful.
I for one wasn't intentionally mocking Adams or the club, I think people were just acknowledging that its quite a fall, he's gone from first team manager of arguably the best team in the Championship to arranging Jamar Loza's next loan to Leyton Orient and going to watch Remi Matthews in Burton-on-Trent on a cold Tuesday night.

But I don't think this role has been created just to give Neil Adams a job, McNally said that we'll be using the loan system for revenue, its what a lot of clubs are doing, its the Daniel Levy model. We'll probably sign a few more Connor McGrandles too, loaning them out for a fee and then selling for a profit when they're 23. Spurs have been great at it. Does mean that we can't moan too much about loaning Andre Wisdom from Liverpool though, if we're going to be stockpiling talent and renting it out. 

I have to admit to my shame that my brain couldn't help but think of Alan Partridge living out of hotels whilst he tried to revive his flagging career, can't help it, I've been watching a lot of comedy recently and Neil Adams was a radio Norfolk presenter. The link was an obvious one  :blush:

Adams will probably end up as the head of the academy or something, give it a couple of years.

In the meantime he can send Lafferty back to Turkey, Tony Andreu to southern France, Conor McGrandles to the USA, and Cameron King to the UAE, then he's laughing  :p
 
Last edited by a moderator:
derehamyella

derehamyella

New Member
It really is not a bad thing,  I remember Harry saying last season he gets the odd phone call from the Club, now if NA is going to be mobile as well that can only be good for our young lads,   mind you it's a long trip to Hamilton.
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
Just saw this - puntastic!

From training pitch to the office. Neil Adams now returns to the City fold and this time it’s personnel
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top