By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs AFC Bournemouth (away) Sunday 27th September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Kieran Dowell definitely not available after ankle surgery, out for 3 months at least. Lets hope this isn't the start of another injury curse like last season.

Hopefully Emi has recovered from the "knock" (SHOW US THE SCANS!) from last week.

Feels a bit like players are still getting a bit used to each other, and our system may need to change a little to maybe accommodate them better.

Din

Din

Really interesting game, Bournemouth have lost a lot of their first-teamers over summer and have bought pretty much no-one in, yet have started the season quite well.

Obviously while we have 4 points on the board, it still very much feels like the squad are settling in and getting used to each other, so this is going to be a stern early-season test.

If Emi is fit then he has to start, particularly with Dowell out, but I don't think he will. If I was picking the team I'd go for:

Krul
Aarons Godfrey Gibson Xavi
Skipp Vrancic
Buendia Cantwell Placheta
Pukki

Subs: McGovern, Zimmermann, Tettey, McLean, Hernandez, Idah, Hugill
Obviously though there's no chance Mario will play unfortunately. Farke sort of hinted that Gibson may get a chance during his press conference, but I still think he'll stick with Godfrey and Zimbo for now. As I said after the Preston game I'd quite like to see Placheta get a chance in the side, whether he will or not I'm not sure.

I can imagine this'll be quite a high-scoring game. A win here would be a really good sign this early on in the season, but a point wouldn't be a bad result either.

OldRobert

OldRobert

McLean will play, he always does, likewise Cantwell neither imo, deserve to start on current form.

N

Number 9

The team list looks horrible, no EMI, no Todd, McLean and Rupp as the creative midfielders. :eek:

G

gerryinromania

Zorro stream from USA .Not the best, but was watchable. Commentator was wondering why Norwich players refuse to shoot, preferring an extra touch, or a sideways pass to a marked man. Pukki back on his hols, wonder when we will Hugill and Gibson start? about Easter time I guess

OldRobert

OldRobert

Farke got what he deserved with that line up
If Cantwell and Buendia have indeed being slacking in training, why the hell should DF play the egotistical barstewards. They are showing signs of being so far up their own backsides that they'll be lucky to play for the Under 23s. They obviously don't want to be here so best they just go. Unlike Max who is attracting the attention of some of the best sides in Europe, and continues to be nothing but professional and doing his best for NCFC.

N

Number 9

If Cantwell and Buendia have indeed being slacking in training, why the hell should DF play the egotistical barstewards. They are showing signs of being so far up their own backsides that they'll be lucky to play for the Under 23s. They obviously don't want to be here so best they just go. Unlike Max who is attracting the attention of some of the best sides in Europe, and continues to be nothing but professional and doing his best for NCFC.
What have you actually seen that gives you that impression?
Emi has been out so we haven't personally seen it from him.
Todd has been at it in last few games, in my opinion.

G

GJP

Early days in this season but following on from the end of last season there is a little cause for concern.

OldRobert

OldRobert

What have you actually seen that gives you that impression?
Emi has been out so we haven't personally seen it from him.
Todd has been at it in last few games, in my opinion.

Of course I haven't seen as neither have you, however he has. I'll leave it to him to explain his feelings and consequently, on this occassion, mine:

N

Number 9

Of course I haven't seen as neither have you, however he has. I'll leave it to him to explain his feelings and consequently, on this occassion, mine:

Emi has been out and Farke criticised him for getting sent off then being injured for couple of weeks.
The sending off was months ago and should have been dealt with and forgotten by now, strange that Farkes decided to go on about it.
Farke criticized Todd for not scoring or assisting more.
Surely Todd's stats last season were among the better ones of the squad, why has Farke decided to blame Todd while making excuses for the strikers & midfielders who didn't necessarily reach Todd's level?
It all seems a bit strange to me.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Come on Number 9, he dropped them for their training not being up to scratch THIS LAST WEEK not last season etc. Read all the bloody article, not the odd bit! :) You can't tell me that Cantwell's performances have been good so far, and downing tools is disrespectful to you, me, the club and everyone connected with NCFC.

G

GJP

If you're not playing Cantwell and Buendia then you need to bring Vrancic in. Must have someone who can create and feed.

And also score goals. Which we know he does at this level.

N

Number 9

Come on Number 9, he dropped them for their training not being up to scratch THIS LAST WEEK not last season etc. Read all the bloody article, not the odd bit! :) You can't tell me that Cantwell's performances have been good so far, and downing tools is disrespectful to you, me, the club and everyone connected with NCFC.

Would you say that Cantwell has been
*Better
*Same
*Worse
Than our other players this season?

I'm not sure that he's been so much worse than anyone else?

It was Farke who was talking about Emi and Cantwell last season.
Emi he mentioned about the sending off.
Todd he mentioned about his scoring / assists.

N

Number 9

Yes he did, but he also mentioned the attitude in training last week which you’re leaving out as Old Bob has said

None of us have seen that, we don't know whether Farke is under playing it or over playing it.
I was focused on the bits Farke talked about which I had seen with my own eyes.
I'm happy to accept that none of us have the full story.

OldRobert

OldRobert

So what you're really saying is you don't believe DF when he says that those two have trained badly and that's why he dropped them................because you didn't see it for yourself.

I would say that Cantwell has been
*Worse
than most of the other players this season because he gives the impression that he's too good for the Championship and for NCFC......which he isn't.

You read and post, on the other place, and the vast majority on there couldn't care less if he goes, Emi different story. I suggest that they can't all be wrong.

N

Number 9

So what you're really saying is you don't believe DF when he says that those two have trained badly and that's why he dropped them................because you didn't see it for yourself.

I would say that Cantwell has been
*Worse
than most of the other players this season because he gives the impression that he's too good for the Championship and for NCFC......which he isn't.

You read and post, on the other place, and the vast majority on there couldn't care less if he goes, Emi different story. I suggest that they can't all be wrong.

It's human nature to present the facts in a way which makes us look better. Four different people can relate about the same event and it can appear that they all saw something different.
I'm open to the idea that Farke might have been presenting his version of the truth, not lying, just a selected version.

Status
Not open for further replies.