By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Aston Villa (Home) Saturday 7th April 12:30 ko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gerryinromania

Had the game on the telly box today, with a German commentary. Didn't understand much, didn't have too, as the yellas were letting the play do all the talking .Most enjoyable game to watch.Couldn't see any down points today, but I guess a few will, same few unhappy people.Thanks boys, super effort by all

N

Number 9

Srbeny is only 1 goal away from being 100% guaranteed not to be considered as bad as Van Wolfswinkel, and when he achieves that we'll go from there :p

Although they look remarkably similar... I do think Srbeny would edge it if he and Van Wolfswinkel had a fight.

There is a big difference between Benny and Nelson. Benny has a good record of scoring goals, Nelson didn't. Yes, Benny has to up his game to acclimatise to the Championship, but at least his starting point is knowing where the goal is. We were told that Nelson had magic in his feet, but facts are that he doesn't have a great record at previous clubs. Next season could be interesting when Benny gets cracking and Carlton Morris et al return from their loans.

dj161

dj161

Srbeny is looking better everytime I see him, he's more involved in the games now and no one can question his work ethic, I still feel he's the type of forward that would benefit from having someone alongside him and two out and out wingers in the team but that would almost certainly mean leaving madders out which isn't going to happen nor should it, we could really do with looking at signing a striker in the Defoe type mould to play alongside him next season and he could really shine

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

There is a big difference between Benny and Nelson. Benny has a good record of scoring goals, Nelson didn't.

Huge different in levels of football played I'm afraid. Dennis Srberny had a one sentence wikipedia entry when he signed for us. We signed him from the German 3rd tier, most of his goals have come in the German 4th tier.

Its effectively like we've signed a player who had just stepped up into League 2 from the Conference National. That's not to say that he can't make the step up.... Grant Holt, Steve Morison, Charlie Austin etc have all come out of the Conference leagues and lower.

But comparing the goals scored column between Nelson and Srberny is a bit like saying Adam Le Fondre is a better striker than Olivier Giroud because he has scored more goals.

N

Number 9

Huge different in levels of football played I'm afraid. Dennis Srberny had a one sentence wikipedia entry when he signed for us. We signed him from the German 3rd tier, most of his goals have come in the German 4th tier.

Its effectively like we've signed a player who had just stepped up into League 2 from the Conference National. That's not to say that he can't make the step up.... Grant Holt, Steve Morison, Charlie Austin etc have all come out of the Conference leagues and lower.

But comparing the goals scored column between Nelson and Srberny is a bit like saying Adam Le Fondre is a better striker than Olivier Giroud because he has scored more goals.

Not a comparison, more just a recognition of the fact that Benny at least knew where the goal was (in the league he played in) so just a question if he could adapt to the Championship.
Nelson didn't have a record of scoring much so would need to adapt to this league PLUS try to become prolific.

Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

Right now when comparing the two strikers, for me its about how much they want it.......Srebny wants it a lot and Nelson doesnt give a fig, hence Srebny scores and Nelson does an air kick ......

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I’m pleased for Benny and he was a lot better second half, but he had a stinker in the first, didn’t win anything against Terry and Chester

G

GJP

Worth noting that Olivieira did do very well when he played in Josh, made a great drive to get the return ball and then cut it back to Wes for what should have been another goal.

Sir Benny probably hasn't got that in his locker.

Status
Not open for further replies.