By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Barnsley (away) FA Cup fourth round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Not really sure which way Farke will go with this, assume we'll see Barden, Zimmerman, Placheta, Martin and Dowell, and maybe a bit of Pukki if he is fit and needs to stretch his legs. Not sure if Bali Mumba may be finished his quarantine after the rona?

dj161

dj161

sure I heard that Pukki was out for this weekend too, so I'd imagine it would be Hugill to remain as the front man

morty

morty

Staff member
Kenny McLean will miss tomorrow's FA Cup fourth round game at Barnsley having tested positive for COVID-19.

Bali Mumba
has returned to team training after his period of isolation, meanwhile.

"Adam Idah has returned to the training ground and is finishing his rehab procees," Daniel Farke added, "so we expect him to be back in full training next week.

"Xavi Quintilla has much improved but has to be patient."

Todd Cantwell is also unavailable for Barnsley with a back problem that he felt in the final minutes of Wednesday's game against Bristol City.

Daniel Farke also confirmed that this weekend's game comes too soon for Teemu Pukki and Christoph Zimmermann, but he hopes that the latter could return for the visit of Middlesbrough at the end of January.

morty

morty

Staff member
Untitled.jpg

dj161

dj161

I could well see that being the lineup we go with, perfect game for Barden to play in you'd feel, but they may want to give Krul some minutes as he's only played twice since late November

morty

morty

Staff member
Anybody know if this is on the telly anywhere?

OldRobert

OldRobert

Got what we deserved. Can't see any of those who came in being worthy as starters. If we do get promoted we need to spend some big, big bucks or we are going to do a repeat of last time.

morty

morty

Staff member
Got what we deserved. Can't see any of those who came in being worthy as starters. If we do get promoted we need to spend some big, big bucks or we are going to do a repeat of last time.
Firstly, lets not take anything away from Barnsley, they played very well. Stifled us on the ball so we never got our passing going, they 100% deserve their win.

But this felt, very much, like an exercise in getting minutes into players legs that were returning from injury. First starts back for Placheta, Dowell and Hernandez. Sure a win would have been nice, but I doubt Farke is really that bothered at this result.

Hugill injury concerning.

N

Number 9

:oops: you'll get yourself in trouble for being negative about our players.

N

Number 9

The game itself was to be expected when playing lads who are coming back in to get minutes.

Your point about being promoted though and needing to spend, we also need to acknowledge that some of our best players will move on in the summer.

OldRobert

OldRobert

:oops: you'll get yourself in trouble for being negative about our players.
No I won't...................what I said is true, as is what you said is probably right. Don't know about you, but I don't want a repeat of last time in the PL thank you.

hogesar

hogesar

Always going to be a challenge when your attacking 3 are all rusty with very limited playing time together. Really important to get minutes in their legs though as all 3 could be important for the second half of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.