By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Blackburn Rovers (home) Saturday 27th April.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Well, we could certainly do with a win! After Farke saying Trybul's season is over he was seeing saying on Instagram that he hopes to be fit for Saturday. So I wouldn't bet against seeing an unchanged team.

Seeing reports on Twitter that Blackburn intend making this a physical encounter.

N

Number 9

Sheff United play at 17:15 and will almost certainly hammer Ipswich, so were going to be in 2nd place at the start of our game.
A draw will mean we go back top with 1 point clear, United facing Stoke while we face Villa on the final day.
If we do beat Blackburn, a draw against villa would obviously guarantee the title.

morty

morty

Staff member
Sheff United play at 17:15 and will almost certainly hammer Ipswich, so were going to be in 2nd place at the start of our game.
A draw will mean we go back top with 1 point clear, United facing Stoke while we face Villa on the final day.
If we do beat Blackburn, a draw against villa would obviously guarantee the title.
I don't want to go to Villa needing anything. I assumed as they were safe in the play offs that they would put a yoof team out, but someone was telling me that they reckon they want all the points they can get, to avoid a better team in the play offs.

Edit, having looked at the table, I'm not sure what they are talking about though.

Last edited:
N

Number 9

morty

morty

Staff member
There has been a bit of Twitter hysteria whipped up over this on Twitter. Folk getting all hysterical about points deductions etc. I was generally for getting on the pitch, but I can see the point they are making. That said, if the whole of the lower Barclay ends up on there, you won't find me still sat in my seat...

morty

morty

Staff member
Farke confirms Trybul will be missing tomorrow, and didn't seem to point towards Tettey stepping in. Could we maybe see a bit of a formation tweak?

Din

Din

Yeah while Tettey probably makes the most sense on paper, he hasn't played in so long and can't help but feel while there's no doubting how good he is in that holding midfield role, he'll be well off the pace. Vrancic coming on for Trybull at the weekend, and generally the fact he's been performing brilliantly off the bench for weeks, means that he's probably the best man to step in, and I imagine that's what Farke will do. Real shame for Trybull though, I bet he's gutted, and he's been brilliant in the second half of this season.

As for the pitch invasion, it's a shame we've been warned against it because I would've liked to have seen one. I imagine though a lot of people will be ignoring it.

Please let's at the very least get a point. It would be a disaster if we bottled this. Obviously though a win would be perfect, and I think we will get it. OTBC

Din

Din

Late as always, but yeah, fantastic to get a win to secure promotion in what has been an amazing season. Absolutely loved the scenes at the end, and seeing just how much it meant to all the players. Obviously I'm delighted to be able to watch us back in the Premier League again, but mainly I'm just over the moon for this group of players, as they all deserve this so much, and seeing the likes of Stiepermann, Lewis and even Farke in tears after the game says all you need to know. We could go straight back down next season, but regardless this team have all cemented themselves as absolute heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.