By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Brentford (Away) Saturday 6th November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OldRobert

OldRobert

@Numan, would you consider your team without Gibson, although we lost against Leeds, I am thankful he wasn't anywhere near Raphinho or I think things would have been worse?

And Cantwell I await with interest what injury is next......................?

morty

morty

Staff member
I've only heard that rumour from you on here, very difficult to prove these sort of things.
I can't help feeling that it's up to Farke to manage situations to get his best players on the pitch delivering their potential. What do I know?
Get the feeling that he'd cut off his own nose to spite his face.
It feels very much, without facts, that you want to blame Farke...

N

Number 9

Serious comment time, we don't seem to know with any certainty what the nuances of the situation are, I just think we need our best players on the pitch.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Todd was at the Wroxham game last Saturday which made it pretty clear at the time that he wouldn’t be involved against Leeds. Don’t want to read too much into anything but I did think it slightly odd that he didn’t go over for a chat with Hucks, but perhaps he didn’t notice him or want to talk with other people about.

N

Number 9

Todd was at the Wroxham game last Saturday which made it pretty clear at the time that he wouldn’t be involved against Leeds. Don’t want to read too much into anything but I did think it slightly odd that he didn’t go over for a chat with Hucks, but perhaps he didn’t notice him or want to talk with other people about.
Didn't he play and score for the U23's Friday night

Gunvald Larsson

Gunvald Larsson

@Numan, would you consider your team without Gibson, although we lost against Leeds, I am thankful he wasn't anywhere near Raphinho or I think things would have been worse?

And Cantwell I await with interest what injury is next......................?
I chose Gibson because he had been improving. I would consider swapping him for Kabak.

morty

morty

Staff member
Injury news now… Grant Hanley is OUT for 2 to 3 weeks with a groin injury. Big blow. Ozan Kabak has glandular fever and is a doubt. Ben Gibson is back from suspension so can come back in.

Todd Cantwell not involved tomorrow. He missed some training sessions this week and is not ready for a return to the first team according to Farke.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Might play for U23s apparently. This missing training sessions could go on until his contract runs out, then we trigger his 1 year extension (perhaps),then what, he misses more sessions? Best we sell in Jan before he's worth £0.

N

Number 9

Might play for U23s apparently. This missing training sessions could go on until his contract runs out, then we trigger his 1 year extension (perhaps),then what, he misses more sessions? Best we sell in Jan before he's worth £0.
Playing tonight for U23's live on youtube

OldRobert

OldRobert

Didn't show he was pushing to regain his first team place apparently, according to those who watched.

N

Number 9

Didn't show he was pushing to regain his first team place apparently, according to those who watched.
Todd is not a topic for us (at Brentford). I have made my point," said Farke, speaking at Colney on Friday afternoon. "At the end of last week he was not able to train due to back problems or play at Newcastle for the 23s so he cannot be a topic for the first team a week later.
"It is not a case I lose my nerve and because we lost the Leeds game all the values and principles how we work mean we bring a player back due to panic.

"The first topic is down to him, he has to train for two weeks without injuries or absences. He is not even close at the minute."

Paddy's article, quoting Farke on Cantwell.

N

Number 9

We know that different people respond to different management techniques, some need a stick to do their best and some flourish with an arm around the shoulder and a few encouraging words in the ear occasionally.

What do we think Farke is trying to achieve?

1) Farke's principled tough love trying to force Todd back into the system by talking negatively about him in the media.
Doesn't appear to be working, we've seen from experience the likely outcome is that the player leaves the club after running his contract down whilst not playing.
No value to the club there.

2) Farke's wants rid of Todd? Doesn't appear to be working, Todd's value surely is plummeting whilst this current impasse continues. Surely it's better to have Todd playing, then achieve maximum selling price to use on a different player or two?

What's Todd hoping to achieve?

It's been reported that he wanted a move away in the summer which was refused by the club.
Todd knows, quite clearly, that he only has to miss a training session or say 'ooh my back' and he's not in the first team squad, thus fuelling rumours and having Farke answering the questions each presser.
So maybe Todd's trying to force a move.

All I know is that the current situation is not helping the club, it doesn't increase the value of the asset, it creates negative vibes around the players, it means we're not playing our best players and it unsettles the supporters (who the Webber & Farke keep asking to be positive)

Status
Not open for further replies.