By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Brighton and Hove Albion (Home) Saturday 16th October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Time to see if we can build on that first point.

Looks like Brighton will be without Yves Bissouma because of an alleged sexual assault. I guess we will have to wait till the press conference before we know who has come back from internationals fit. Normann stayed at the club as was injured, I think(?) Pukki scored a few times, which is good news. People clamouring for Gilmour to start, perhaps ignoring playing a pub side like Israel really isn't the same standard as the Premier league. I'd like to see Cantwell back, as feel he offers a bit of hard work but also some creativity, as we need to rediscover that link between our midfield, and Pukki's feet.

morty

morty

Staff member
We seem to have employed 3 main systems so far this season, as shown in pics below. 4-3-3, 5-3-2 defensive and 5-3-2 attacking, the difference in the two last ones is either Williams or Giannoulis at LB/LWB.

Will be interesting to see if we persist with the 5-3-2 at home, or if we perhaps tweak it? The obvious change would be Todd in for McLean, or if you really wanted to go for it, Tzolis.

I personally wonder if it is time to return to 4-5-1 or 4-1-4-1?

Krul
Aarons Kabak Hanley Williams
Normann
Lees Melou Gilmour Cantwell
Pukki

4-3-3.jpg

5-3-2 Attacking.jpg

5-3-2.jpg

OldRobert

OldRobert

Depends if Cantwell has fully recovered from his troubles as to whether he plays imo. Don't really care what the formation is, personally quite like 5-3-2, but only if Williams isn't in it.

N

Number 9

Watched some of the Finland game last night and Pukki was bent over with his hands on his knees looking exhausted.

N

Number 9

Depends if Cantwell has fully recovered from his troubles as to whether he plays imo. Don't really care what the formation is, personally quite like 5-3-2, but only if Williams isn't in it.
It's a curious one, in my opinion a right footed player shouldn't play on the left and vice versa. It's not good for momentum, just slows the play down.
Obviously in an emergency it has to be done occasionally, but to not have a left footed back up for that position isn't good, very limiting.

So where else can Brandon play? Can't see him replacing Max, unless Max has an injury (Bali is out injured at the moment).

N

Number 9

On the bench? Not that I know damn all, but I prefer Giannoulis to Williams any day.
I've only seen Williams couple of times, I'm not dismissing him yet, and to be fair, you don't get to be part of United's plans if you've not got something about you.
I would like to see him play somewhere other than left back though.

morty

morty

Staff member
I've only seen Williams couple of times, I'm not dismissing him yet, and to be fair, you don't get to be part of United's plans if you've not got something about you.
I would like to see him play somewhere other than left back though.
What other positions does he play?

morty

morty

Staff member
A few slight knocks for #NCFC. Milot Rashica was struggling with a slight knee issue, but Farke thinks all of those affected will be okay for this weekend.

DF: Teemu thinks more about the team. Sometimes you're greedy for a fantastic goal record, but he's an even better human being than a football player.

First important step at Burnley. We want to get off the mark at home.” Farke looking forward to being back at Carrow Road

I like our competitiveness and fight (at Burnley). The longer the game went on the better we were offensively. We also want to score goals.

Nice snippet there from Farke that #NCFC were interested in signing Neal Maupay from Brentford, but #BHAFC blew them out of the water in terms of finances

Our aim at the moment is simple. We want to stay in this league. It's not so much about philosophy. We have to be efficient.

Mathias Normann is fit to play for Saturday. Been back in training for two days. Farke says his preparation for this one hasn't been 'perfect'.

Todd Cantwell also back and available for selection. Billy Gilmour has been struggling with a knock and a cold, he's available. Christoph Zimmermann is still out. Bad news, looks like he may require another operation on his ankle.

Good news on Sam Byram. He has taken part in 'major parts' of #NCFC's training sessions and has been back for the last four days. Important step for him after so long out. Still being careful. Still too early to talk about a U23 return.

Doesn't sound like Todd Cantwell will be an option for the starting line-up for tomorrow's game. Farke thinks he will need a bit more time before getting back up to full speed. But available for the matchday squad.

Ha. Farke says he was 'surprised, pleased and a little bit scared' to see Przemek Placheta starting for Poland. He admits it's a bit of a surprise that he was even called up. Placheta came through it. Farke will remain patient over re-introducing him to the squad.

morty

morty

Staff member
Farke doesn't though, does he? He'll bring him off the bench at best.
I agree that Todd is needed in our team but can't see Farke starting him for a week or two, not his style.
Todd has only been back in training since Monday, so I should imagine that will be the factor, as opposed to Farke's "style".

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I would guess Williams can play right back but as we all know that position is taken, Solksjaer has said he could play defensive midfield but I don’t think he has any experience there.

Status
Not open for further replies.