By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Crystal Palace (away) Saturday 28th September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
This should provide a similar challenge to Burnley away, and I hope Hanley is fit, as, same as last week, I would like to actually see Amadou at DM, I am assuming Tettey won't be fit.

Palace aren't scoring a lot of goals, but I read that Connor Wickam (booo) is fit to return.

As for us, I would like to see Hanley back in defence, with Leitner and Amadou in the engine room, the front players pretty much pick themselves, assuming they are all fit? Wasn't their questions over Krul's fitness? With Fahrmann also injured (? I have lost track of who is fit and who isn't) I shudder at the thought of McGovern between the sticks!

OldRobert

OldRobert

Krul was injured in the warm up apparently and was on pills to get through the game. Must be a doubt. Fahrmann I read was a 7-10 days from time of injury. DF is already talking up McGovern to play, (I have every faith blah blah) so you may get your wish Morty!!

N

Number 9

I fancy a win here.
Obviously we don't know what team set up til 2pm but we can get something here.

N

Number 9

Everyone is injured.
Bit worrying Farke talking about Mo and Kenny playing dm, with Agadoo staying at cb.
Not the right call in my opinion, I'm sure Hanley would be a better defender with Amadou in front of him, plus the attacking aspect would be better.

dj161

dj161

Krul is out, could be back for Bournemouth
Aarons will travel
Fahrmann will have a late test
Tettey is out, could be back for Villa, more likely Bournemouth
Vrancic, Zimmermann, Trybull, Klose and Onel all still out

so predicted lineup is

Fahrmann/McGovern
Aarons/Byram Amadou Godfrey Lewis
Leitner McLean
Cantwell Steipermann Buendia
Pukki
Subs - Fahrmann/McGovern, Hanley, Heise, Aarons/Byram, Drmic, Srbeny, Roberts

OldRobert

OldRobert

Don't understand why Hanley doesn't get a look, then push Amadou to DM for McLean.................?

morty

morty

Staff member
I can only surmise that Hanley is still having fitness problems and is only good enough for a short spell off the bench.

OldRobert

OldRobert

He was supposed to be fit to start against Burnley, I'm beginning to wonder if any bugger is fit.

morty

morty

Staff member
He was supposed to be fit to start against Burnley, I'm beginning to wonder if any bugger is fit.
I think it is a rarity that any footballer is 100%, I think most of them always have niggles, and you hear of some having painkilling injections before every game.

Given the length of Klose and Zimbo's injuries, we are maybe just being cautious.

dj161

dj161

Bit harsh on Byram to be left out, feel he's done well since stepping in, Fahrmann starts between the sticks

Capture.PNG

morty

morty

Staff member
Jamal Lewis suspect broken elbow. This is beyond ridiculous now.

dj161

dj161

Jamal Lewis suspect broken elbow. This is beyond ridiculous now.
what the actual fuck is going on?

I was one that was pretty happy with our transfer window, now it looks like we should of bought ten more players for a situation like this

this is what our injury list currently looks like

Tim Krul - back injury - 2/3 weeks
Ralf Fahrmann - groin injury - 2 weeks?
Jamal Lewis - suspected broken elbow - 6 weeks (according to nhs for a broken elbow)
Timm Klose - knee injury - all season
Christoph Zimmermann - foot injury - 3 months
Mario Vrancic - calf injury - 2/3 weeks
Tom Trybull - ankle injury - 1 month
Onel Hernandez - knee injury - 2 months
Alex Tettey - muscle injury - 2 weeks

so hopefully we can get the Villa game out of the way, and get to the international break with no more problems come the end of it, when we could have, Krul, Fahrmann, Vrancic, Tettey and possibly Trybull back

Last edited:
OldRobert

OldRobert

We must be one injury away from us lot being called upon to play, and I ain't joking. Btw how many injuries do you have to have to be able to call off games, due to not having enough first team squad players fit to play?

Status
Not open for further replies.