By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Hull City (home) Saturday 14th October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gerryinromania

Thanks for the report Din..Have seen the goal out here. Massive throw in from Stiepermann, good flick header back from Jerome and good finish from Oliveira, pretty certain it was not a headed goal, was really sharp finishing.  The crowd roar certainly boosted the decibel meter upwards...Thought the promotion mantra was win at home, draw away, seems we are doing it arris about face..No complaints from me..Carry on the same next weekend

Din

Din

I think he's taking a bit too much stick. I don't think he's any more guilty of over-playing than some of the others and today he was less guilty than some.

I mean if you wanted to talk about frustrating...Maddison gave the ball away for their goal and then missed a great chance to score. ;-)
To be fair I don't think he had a bad game,  and on another day everyone would've been talking about his brilliant assist for Wildschut. I see why people have criticised him, but I agree he was no more guilty of frustrating play yesterday as Maddison, and that some of the stick he's been getting is unfair. I also liked the way he was so calm on the ball and kept play ticking over even in a frantic final few minutes. 

As I said though I can see why he's been criticised. I don't think he offers a great deal of movement off the ball, and as I said previously he was so frustrating at times. As you say yesterday his decision-making was no worse than Maddison's, but the difference is that Maddison at least has proven so far this season that he's a very good player and will have a part to play this season, so you could argue his relatively under-par performance yesterday was just a blip, whereas Vrancic is yet to properly show this season whether he can be a key player for us, so I think for that reason fans are a bit less patient. I do think he's a good player, but do hope he has more in the locker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

Generally a clear and steady stream for this match, benefit of being an ex-pat.

For me, aside of individual performances, it's mainly about two things.....first of all, intensity.... with this current City set-up, the minute the intensity is dropped then we look average and start to drop deep.....and......when we are on the offensive we must get more players in the box, as we create decent chances but just dont have enough players in the box quick enough or regularly enough.  That all said, it is a work in progress, we are really making great progress and it wont be long until we start handing out a few tonkings at home I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.