By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Hull City ( home) Wednesday 13th March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

McLean, cant think of any passes or tackles in 95 mins which caught my eye.
Didn't he play the 50 yard floating ball up to Buendia which he flicked on to Pukki for our third?

I only saw the highlights as I was at work, but he technically comes away with an assist as well as he was the one who passed it to Stiepermann.

I thought he was poor against Swansea though and its time for the return of the GOAT.

dj161

dj161

We need to work on retaining the ball when looking to see out a win, after Hull scored their 2nd we had several chances to run the clock down in the corner, but instead just kept trying to get a fourth goal, why risk it, I can understand if we were two goals up, but when we need the win and there's only one goal in run that bloody clock down anyway you can

also Buendia was outstanding

G

GJP

Thought McLean generally used the ball well. He played some smart, well weighted passes into the left channel and he changed direction of play smartly as well. He was calm in defensive situations and I can remember him winning some headers. And, as has now been pointed out, played passes which brought about 2 of the 3 goals.

I think people are being a bit harsh on McLean for not being Leitner or Vrancic. I was banging on about how good those two were last season when not everyone else had latched on to it and were only interested in Maddison.

And as much as I rate those two I can't have too many complaints about McLean's performance tonight. Frankly I am very happy Norwich have got someone as good as him to come into the team.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

I think McLean is probably playing much deeper than he is accustomed to at the minute, probably a bit harsh to expect him to be the complete midfielder but I can't say I really understand what Farke's thinking is at the minute.... is he waiting to drop points before changing?

Din

Din

To be fair I thought McLean did quite well. He's not as good as Leitner or Vrancic in that position obviously, but I thought he made some nice forward passes and had a hand in a couple of the goals.

Overall it was a fantastic performance, particularly in the first half. Two very poor goals to give away though. Krul has taken too long to clear the ball a few times recently, and today it cost him. The 2nd goal was just terrible marking. 3-2 flattered Hull but at the same time the reason it was so close was because we tried to architect our own downfall. Buendia was simply unplayable tonight, his touch to Pukki for the 3rd goal was disgusting.

Thought the last two games were definitely potential banana skins for us, but we've handled them brilliantly and got maximum points because of it. If we can just win on Saturday that'd put us into a fantastic position going into the international break.

Incidentally I took my mate to his first Norwich game tonight, who isn't that into football. But he had the time of his life tonight. Loved the atmosphere, the flags in the Barclay, and obviously it helped that the game was a great one and we won. Says a lot though about how fantastic the feeling is around the club at the moment though. Onto Saturday!

N

Number 9

My final bit on the Hull game.

Krul, will be targeted by teams going forward, wouldn't survive in the big league next season.

McLean, I don't think I've seen him in his best position, which I guess would be where Steiperman plays. Kenny wouldn't survive in the premier league doing what hes trying at the moment. If he cant get in the championship team in his best position, not sure he'll be here next season.

Late substitutions, haven't been helpful to the team or players. We needed to control the game, subs should have been made earlier to take control and be professional about finishing off the game.

We've been struggling against mid to lower league teams because we haven't controlled the ball, Rotherham will be the same as the past few games unless Farke changes it up.

There you go, rant over, I'm chuffed that we got three points, bring on the weekend.

David Evans

David Evans

Late substitutions, haven't been helpful to the team or players. We needed to control the game, subs should have been made earlier to take control and be professional about finishing off the game.
This is my biggest concern out of everything, the rest is me nitpicking tbh, it's so predictable and you could see the tired minds at 70mins. When you're 3-1 up giving some proper game time to Vrancic or Leitner is not a bad idea.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I would have gone in there and given him a hand ! I’ve just been on the NCFC Facebook page, there some real rubbish on there at the moment

David Evans

David Evans

Classic River End, only happy when they're being miserable.

Status
Not open for further replies.