By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Koo Pee Arr ( Home) Saturday 6th April.

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Evans

David Evans

Cantwell is the most direct replacement but I really hope Farke doesn't take the simple choice, it's a massive loss of quality and creativity.

Bring Vrancic or Leitner straight in or push McLean forward? but a midfield of McLean and Vrancic/Leitner is completely untested.

This is where I think Farke has slipped up ever so slightly, our subs never get more than 5 mins on the pitch and we now suddenly have to ask 90 mins of one of them, especially at 3-0 top of the league 10 points clear and Buendia being kicked from pillar to post.

We now have three tough games without our most creative player and I know people are talking about when not if for promotion but from my perspective the job is far from completed.

morty

morty

Staff member
6 games left, we have to lose three of them and Leeds have to win all 6. For me, another win or two, or Leeds losing a game, and its pretty much done.

I think we'll see Vrancic back.

N

Number 9

David Evans said - Bring Vrancic or Leitner straight in or push McLean forward?

This is also what David Freezer suggested.
I tend to agree, but, who knows what Farke will do, team selection and subs have not been logical in my view.

David Evans

David Evans

David Evans said - Bring Vrancic or Leitner straight in or push McLean forward?

This is also what David Freezer suggested.
I tend to agree, but, who knows what Farke will do, team selection and subs have not been logical in my view.
Logically my order would be Vrancic, Leitner then Cantwell so I'm pretty certain that means Cantwell will start.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Logical or not we seem to be doing ok with Farkes team selections :)

True FF but we haven't had an enforced change for a while. Imo Cantwell doesn't have the creativity we need with the loss of Emi, so I hope we see Vrancic or Leitner.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I think that with Cantwell coming in, you won’t have to ask anyone else in the team to do anything different. Bring in Leitner or Vrancic and it will disrupt the rest of midfield/attacking four.

N

Number 9

I think that with Cantwell coming in, you won’t have to ask anyone else in the team to do anything different. Bring in Leitner or Vrancic and it will disrupt the rest of midfield/attacking four.
I'd put Mo next to Trybull and push McLean forward.
Mo is better there and I'm pretty sure Kenny is better there.

OldRobert

OldRobert

If you bring in Cantwell, where's the creativity?:)

David Evans

David Evans

Not just the creativity but I'd prefer a more mature head on the pitch, we'll need cool heads and sensible play in these game.

David Evans

David Evans

I've "borrowed" this stat from the sh*tun

Srbeny - 133
McLean - 213
Buendia - 237
Vrancic - 247
Pukki - 365
Hernandez - 373
Aarons - 520
Stieps - 557
Cantwell - 726
Godfrey - 925
Rhodes - 982
Lewis - 1,068
Zimbo - 1,478
Leitner - 1,583
Klose - 2,033

Clearly Srbeny needs to start.

N

Number 9

I've "borrowed" this stat from the sh*tun

Srbeny - 133
McLean - 213
Buendia - 237
Vrancic - 247
Pukki - 365
Hernandez - 373
Aarons - 520
Stieps - 557
Cantwell - 726
Godfrey - 925
Rhodes - 982
Lewis - 1,068
Zimbo - 1,478
Leitner - 1,583
Klose - 2,033

Clearly Srbeny needs to start.
Is that minutes David?

N

Number 9

I don't think Todd will have a problem with creativity, realistically he's not on the same level as EMI, but he'd do a job.
I'd bet on that being the only change just looking at Farkes pattern of selection.

I'd prefer McLean to take that role though, and Mo to partner Trybull. I think it's a better team.

David Evans

David Evans

I'd prefer McLean to take that role though, and Mo to partner Trybull. I think it's a better team.

I agree with this but wonder if it might be worth swapping sides for McLean and Onel, think Onel is more flexible on which wing he plays on and McLean is more of a left winger tbh.

N

Number 9

I agree with this but wonder if it might be worth swapping sides for McLean and Onel, think Onel is more flexible on which wing he plays on and McLean is more of a left winger tbh.
They wander around anyway, but yeah. I can't worry too much about helping Max and Jamal defending because its Reading and they generally don't pose too much threat to goal.

Din

Din

Been busy so annoyingly late, but yeah, fantastic performance and a brilliant win, albeit against probably the worst team we've played this season. Can't think of a single player who wasn't superb, and having Pukki back on the score-sheet is great news going into the last 6 games.

As for the Buendia red card, the challenge itself is probably a borderline sending off. If orange cards existed I imagine that's what he would've got. At 3-0 up and the ball nowhere near our goal, with 6 games left it's a really stupid challenge to make, and Farke's right to call him naive. But, looking at it in context with the rest of the game, he probably shouldn't have been sent off, seeing as QPR players on more than one occasion made challenges that were just as bad, if not worse, and didn't see red. Buendia should've kept his head but it's not hard to see why he was so wound up. He was the recipient of 4 or 5 bad challenges, and literally seconds before his dismissal Max Aarons was also recklessly slid into by a QPR player yet somehow the ref didn't even see it as a foul. There was also a terrible challenge later on in the game on Cantwell (I think it was him anyway I can't quite remember),that was far worse. The guy went two footed through the back of our player and got nowhere near the ball and yet the ref only gave a yellow. Staggering. I could've accepted Emi's red if at least one of QPR's players had received the same punishment, but they didn't, which is the frustrating thing. A shame as well because Buendia was sensational all game, as he has been overall this season.

All in all though it was a great day, particularly with Leeds falling apart again. 7 points clear of 2nd now, and Leeds and Sheff Utd don't have easy midweek fixtures either. Bring on the last 6 games :D

Din

Din

Also, the atmosphere at CR, particularly first half, was amazing. Can't wait for Wednesday night!

David Evans

David Evans

Also, the atmosphere at CR, particularly first half, was amazing. Can't wait for Wednesday night!

Really? Where did you sit Din? I was in the south stand, barclay made a fair amount of noise occasionally but apart from that I thought it was a pretty poor atmosphere for top of the table and 3-0. The 2000 odd fans at boro made more noise IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.