By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Leicester City (Home) Saturday 28th August 3pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Farke certainly has some decisions to make after the cup game, at least 7 or 8 players played their way into contention. The young left back Williams, Tzolis, and Sargent being the most likely.

Tzolis especially, with his pace he is incredibly useful as an out ball if we are under pressure, and also as a ball over the top to run onto. Farke seemed keen to keep his feet on the ground a bit, stating he has only shown his ability to beat Championship opposition, but it would be absolutely criminal if he wasn't involved. If they are good enough, they are old enough!

I wasn't happy with Krul's distribution at Man City, would not be averse to seeing Gunn in goal.

G

gerryinromania

Saw the highlights, and agree Morty, wouldn't be against any or all of those starting. We seem to have some good talkers/motivators in our scouting and coaching teams, to get those guys onboard

D

Duncan Edwards

Interesting call on Krul. My eldest boy is adamant that he should have saved at least 2 of Liverpool's 3 goals and if you look at our xG stats (I don't but in this case it supports his point),it does indicate that he's had a rough start to the season, following on from not being selected in the World Cup despite playing the warm-up games.

However, as with people writing Pukki off, he has credit in the bank and I still think the chances are that both will start on Saturday.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I can’t stand Jamie Vardy ( or his Mrs),which means he’s guaranteed a goal. I see some people already saying we can beat them, which of course we could, but Leicester are a very good side, I’d take a draw now

OldRobert

OldRobert

1630155820723.png

G

gerryinromania

Freezer whining about a few booing the kneeling, he's supposed to be an impartial journalist, sad prat. Obviously deep thoughts on Afghanistan and the 170 dead, bombed.

G

gerryinromania

Took a hell of a long time for ref to decide, but a top pen from Pokki

OldRobert

OldRobert

Not quite the word I'd have used...................close certainly. What do you expect from Dereham.......................:rolleyes:

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Could have had a point out of that so disappointed. Haven’t seen the disallowed goal, Cantwell given offside from a corner ? I thought Pukki looked a lot better today and he took the pen well. We rarely seem to win 50/50’s though and need to toughen up in midfield. We’ve pushed a top 6 side really close though, problem is we can’t keep being close and need some points. Relegation six pointer next :)

morty

morty

Staff member
Home from the pub with my takes on the game (and some red wine and mini cheddars)

Overall my main take is that we were no worse than them, definitely deserved a draw, haven't watched the VAR offside back again (maybe tomorrow) but by all accounts it was a pretty shonky decision.

General thoughts, nobody was bad, I thought Cantwell was excellent, Pukki still off the pace for me, kinda liked Idah's running into the channels when he came on, would really have liked to see Tzolis today.

Krul didn't make a save. Will continue to monitor this.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Whatever the muppets say, Cantwell was offside. Stood right in front of Schmeichel, at the corner (fine),but didn't bother to look to his left to see that the Leicester player was JUST playing him offside. The fact that they were standing less than a yard apart shows how unaware Cantwell is, and I've seen the replays at least three times. He cost McLean his goal and us a point. Then he got a strop on, lot of off the ball stuff which the cameras caught which as a spectator might not have been seen by your good self. If he's worth £30m, I'm a freakin' chinaman. As for Krul, let's just say it's time for Gunn. Idah not on for long admittedly, but he should be on loan. Gilmour won't keep us up either. Nobody was bad, no, but they weren't that good either.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I’m going to be a muppet then :) If the linesman had kept his flag down then var wouldn’t have changed it. Yes, technically he’s offside, but the question I have is whether he was really obstructing Schmeichel ( I don’t think he was) and this active/inactive thing. Goals have been scored before like this and not disallowed, inconsistency again.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I would try and get Pukki and Sargent together, do you think they’d notice if we played with 12 men ?

OldRobert

OldRobert

I’m going to be a muppet then :) If the linesman had kept his flag down then var wouldn’t have changed it. Yes, technically he’s offside, but the question I have is whether he was really obstructing Schmeichel ( I don’t think he was) and this active/inactive thing. Goals have been scored before like this and not disallowed, inconsistency again.
I like muppets!.
He was given offside by VAR. Not obstruction. You've been watching football for a long time with and without Var, with and without pro refs, with and without 4th officials, when has there EVER been consistency?

Status
Not open for further replies.