By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Liverpool (home) EFL Cup Tuesday 21st September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gerryinromania

Who would win mom tonight, Idah or Hanley, asks the old dribbling chap from Romania

morty

morty

Staff member
Am starting to definitely feel on the pessimistic side now. I mentally wrote the first 4 games off, I think most people did, but I will say I thought we were okay against Leicester, and a touch unlucky against Arsenal. Then came Watford, our first game of the season, the one we were pinning our hopes on to get things going, Farke rallied everyone, built us all up, and it was poor, a definite step back from Arsenal.

Then came tonight, playing Liverpool, well Liverpool reserves and we put out a new formation, threw a few new players in, so we thought "Okay, lets see what this looks like" and boom, 4 minutes in, concede a comedy goal. Sure we looked okay in places, but ultimately its easy to look good when you're fannying around in the middle of the park, being composed in the opposition box, and when it counts is the tricky part. Would like to know if Idah was meant to take that penalty or not.

And right on cue, just read on Twitter :- Daniel Farke coming up on @BBCNorfolk. He’s not happy with Tzolis for taking the penalty. He wasn’t the designated taker tonight. “He’s made this mistake once. I will make sure he will never ever make this mistake again in his whole career.” #CanaryCall

That answers that question!

The next couple of games could be very uncomfortable indeed. I'm desperately trying to look for positives, but kinda struggling.

N

Number 9

The one hope I cling to is that Normann and Kabak are yet to reach full fitness and bed in.
I think they should have been in the building earlier in the summer so everything would have been gelled as a team by now, but there you go.
I'm hoping that those two will help the defensive situation enough to take some of the pressure off our goal scorers at the other end.

I feel that Farke is rapidly running out of excuses, the dynamic is different now.
We've spent money on players and there's a stadium full of critics ready to vocalise their displeasure at his inability to negotiate the Premier League.

I suspect he will recognise the need to change styles, becoming more pragmatic as he is aware of the gallows being constructed.

Whatever the next few weeks bring, boring it will not be.

morty

morty

Staff member
The one hope I cling to is that Normann and Kabak are yet to reach full fitness and bed in.
I think they should have been in the building earlier in the summer so everything would have been gelled as a team by now, but there you go.
I'm hoping that those two will help the defensive situation enough to take some of the pressure off our goal scorers at the other end.

I feel that Farke is rapidly running out of excuses, the dynamic is different now.
We've spent money on players and there's a stadium full of critics ready to vocalise their displeasure at his inability to negotiate the Premier League.

I suspect he will recognise the need to change styles, becoming more pragmatic as he is aware of the gallows being constructed.

Whatever the next few weeks bring, boring it will not be.
That's remarkably reflective, for you :D

G

GJP

Exactly.

I must admit, I thought we'd lose to Watford and last night too.

You never know, we might beat Everton because we've got some decent players and that's football.

But, even at this early stage, it's already pretty hard to see us finishing anything other than bottom.

morty

morty

Staff member
Exactly.

I must admit, I thought we'd lose to Watford and last night too.

You never know, we might beat Everton because we've got some decent players and that's football.

But, even at this early stage, it's already pretty hard to see us finishing anything other than bottom.
To put things in a little more perspective, we are actually only 3 points away from safety, having played four of our hardest games...

G

GJP

To put things in a little more perspective, we are actually only 3 points away from safety, having played four of our hardest games...
Thing is they're all hard games. The lesser sides have a tried and trusted way of playing and/or they have a player or two who are a cut above.

We don't have either.

morty

morty

Staff member
Thing is they're all hard games. The lesser sides have a tried and trusted way of playing and/or they have a player or two who are a cut above.

We don't have either.
Come on, it is obvious some games are harder than others.

N

Number 9

Our defensive problem was plain for all to see when Gibson & Hanley were dutifully marking their zones and Aurigi? wandered between them, unchallenged, to nod the ball home.
It was an example of us conceding simple goals which seems to be repeated every game.
I refuse to believe that our defenders spend days training to handle set pieces.
It's embarrassing and to the untrained eye shows up training / coaching failings.

G

GJP

Come on, it is obvious some games are harder than others.
Yeah but a lot of people thought we'd get something out of Watford - also seemingly forgetting they were better than us both times last season.

We're a good team but realistically we are the team that the other 19 regard as the easiest 3 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.