By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Liverpool (Home) Saturday 14th August 5:30pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
No idea!

Can only assume that Hanley is unavailable after only resuming full training this week. I read an article last night where Krul said the amount of players out isolating has been ridiculous, so I should imagine a fair few really are lacking match fitness. Pukki, for example, has hardly featured in the friendlies.

Sargent should arrive fit as he has already been playing games. Somebody told me Tzolis is double jabbed, so if they get a move on he may even feature.

I wonder if we may see a three at the back, other than that, who knows!!

morty

morty

Staff member
From the Krul article :-

City fans are eagerly awaiting Daniel Farke's press conference on Friday lunchtime to learn more about which players are available for selection, after a pre-season campaign that was disrupted by a Covid-19 outbreak.

That has seen skipper Grant Hanley not able to play and striker Teemu Pukki get less than 90 minutes of game time, with trips to Manchester City and Arsenal either side of a home game against Leicester following the Liverpool game.

"We missed two games and haven’t had even one game with the settled back four or XI that we are going to start with against Liverpool," Krul explained.

"It was a massive Covid hit. We had about 13 out at one stage. When those fixtures came out I already thought somebody was having a bit of a laugh. People say it’s a good time to play those teams but I am not sure!

"But I do think we are ready to be more streetwise this season. We all know this squad can play amazing football but there are other sides to the game and you can’t just play that same style all the time.

"I remember last time beating Man City at home and then the next week going to Burnley thinking we would just roll them over.

"They literally just stormed all over us, bullied us (2-0). This time I think we will be more streetwise, I really do."

morty

morty

Staff member
Folk are posting prospective teams on Twitter, and whilst I'm not so sure about this particular one, it does illustrate that we do have some decent options now.

dssd.jpg

N

Number 9

From the Krul article :-

City fans are eagerly awaiting Daniel Farke's press conference on Friday lunchtime to learn more about which players are available for selection, after a pre-season campaign that was disrupted by a Covid-19 outbreak.

That has seen skipper Grant Hanley not able to play and striker Teemu Pukki get less than 90 minutes of game time, with trips to Manchester City and Arsenal either side of a home game against Leicester following the Liverpool game.

"We missed two games and haven’t had even one game with the settled back four or XI that we are going to start with against Liverpool," Krul explained.

"It was a massive Covid hit. We had about 13 out at one stage. When those fixtures came out I already thought somebody was having a bit of a laugh. People say it’s a good time to play those teams but I am not sure!

"But I do think we are ready to be more streetwise this season. We all know this squad can play amazing football but there are other sides to the game and you can’t just play that same style all the time.

"I remember last time beating Man City at home and then the next week going to Burnley thinking we would just roll them over.

"They literally just stormed all over us, bullied us (2-0). This time I think we will be more streetwise, I really do."
I found the sentence about the back four / starting 11 interesting

morty

morty

Staff member
Obviously we'd lose ten - nil with this team!
Oh aye. But it illustrates the point that Webber stated that he wanted to increase the overall quality in the squad. All too often, I have been at a game, it isn't going well, and you're looking at the bench and trying to work out just who could come on and make a difference.

N

Number 9

What's the score gonna be then?

Much as I'd love a sneaky win or draw, I can't get away from an away win.
0-3

morty

morty

Staff member
Can City get a result?
So much has changed in our squad that I don't even think I could predict a lineup. We very much have the element of surprise on our side, but there are so many factors to consider. Yes, we have exciting new players, but how fit are they? This league will be a step up for most of them. Is Pukki fit? Will they throw Hanley in after just a weeks training? Who has Covid? Can we even name 9 subs?

How has Liverpool's pre season gone? I don't even know if they have signed / lost any players? Is Van Dijk fit? Is he the player he was before his injury? Do Liverpool have Covid issues?

Of course we can get a result. But not so sure I'll be betting on it...

morty

morty

Staff member
I think we will see Adam Idah start up front tomorrow. There, nailed my colours to the mast ;)

G

gerryinromania

Going to be a bit boring, not having to frantically type in various stream sites half an hour before kick off. Suppose I will have to have an extra glass of sipping stuff. Enjoy the game people

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Not too disheartened with that, although I think Liverpool could have gone up another gear or two if they really needed to. May seem a strange thing to say having let three in but I thought in general the defence did quite well, Dimi in particular.
I like the look of Lees-Melou, just keeps the ball moving, he’ll never win a hundred metre sprint but that’s not why he’s there. Rashica to me looks like he needs more games. To me he seems like he isn’t used to playing in a team that wants a lot of possession, it’s like he wants to plays on the break instead.
Poor Teemu had nothing to go on all day really but it has to be said that Idah gave them more problems in his ten minutes.
I think we can give mid table teams downwards problems, still be tight for staying up but to me we’ve got a better chance this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.