By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Liverpool (Home) Saturday 14th August 5:30pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Not too disheartened with that, although I think Liverpool could have gone up another gear or two if they really needed to. May seem a strange thing to say having let three in but I thought in general the defence did quite well, Dimi in particular.
I like the look of Lees-Melou, just keeps the ball moving, he’ll never win a hundred metre sprint but that’s not why he’s there. Rashica to me looks like he needs more games. To me he seems like he isn’t used to playing in a team that wants a lot of possession, it’s like he wants to plays on the break instead.
Poor Teemu had nothing to go on all day really but it has to be said that Idah gave them more problems in his ten minutes.
I think we can give mid table teams downwards problems, still be tight for staying up but to me we’ve got a better chance this season.
I don't think Teemu looked fit, frankly.

Same though, this won't define our season.

G

gerryinromania

Thought the new guys looked ok for first time out, and I'm sure they have a lot to give us in future games. Not a fan of Idah yet, but I think he should start next game in place of Pukki. Was super to watch the crowd again. Liverpool fans again, are not nice creatures, but it's ok, as they are the most wonderful, humorous beings around

morty

morty

Staff member
It is great to be back, but the "better fan brigade" are also back, and with a vengeance. Telling us what songs we can sing, and how we are meant to be supporting our club. It gets less and less like football every season...

G

gerryinromania

Wonder what thy have been doing for past two seasons Morty. Maybe they have been doing rally serious things, like smashing statues, or persecuting the NHS for daring to vaccinate people. Sad barstewards

OldRobert

OldRobert

Who the hell are the "better fan brigade", haven't heard that one before.

morty

morty

Staff member
The main gripes are around the songs "Sign on, sign on" and also "Always the victims, it's never your fault" Neither of which I have issue with, and sorry, if other fans are going to taunt us about shagging our sisters, or having extra fingers, then that is the level. And if you suddenly don't like it, and I suspect a lot of the people showing displeasure now, have probably sung the songs in the past, then just don't sing them. But don't be lecturing me how I can, or cannot support my club and enjoy my football.

morty

morty

Staff member
Who the hell are the "better fan brigade", haven't heard that one before.
Just a collective name I have made up for everyone who thinks they are a better fan and who tells other fans how they should support. Example below.

ter.jpg

OldRobert

OldRobert

Interesting:

morty

morty

Staff member
Interesting:
That is a really interesting read actually, nice one!

N

Number 9

Interesting:
Just complete bollocks though isn't it? We lost 3-0 and LFC looked like they didn't get out of second gear for most of the game.

morty

morty

Staff member
Just complete bollocks though isn't it? We lost 3-0 and LFC looked like they didn't get out of second gear for most of the game.
I wouldn't go as far as "complete bollocks" and yes of course we lost 3 nil to a much better team, nobody is disputing that. But it is a good analysis of the things that we did right, and really confirms what we all thought in the fact that Teemu really didn't have a very good game. So the take from that is that had he had a better game, the outcome may have been different. It reassures that the new players played well, and that the team overall showed signs of functioning.

I liked it anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.