By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Luton Town (away) Wednesday 2nd December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
After 11 minutes of time added on at Bournemouth, Preston have come away with the 3-2 win, meaning we are still top :D

Din

Din

Like the look of that, both the line-up and the kit!

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Anyone using iPlayer ? I haven’t bothered at all this season

Din

Din

Really poor half. The one thing you don’t wanna do against Luton is go a goal down, because they’re so good at sitting deep, being compact and making themselves tough to break down. So having got ourselves back on level terms, to concede a shit goal from a set-piece is so disappointing. In general we just need to sharpen up. We’re 2nd to every ball, and Luton are finding it so easy to break through the lines.

I really, really just hope we can get a point here, keeping the unbeaten run going into Saturday where we’ll be in front of 2000 of our own fans, and will actually have a recognised striker on the pitch. To be honest though seeing how this half has gone I don’t hold much hope.

morty

morty

Staff member
Right, we need a good start to the 2nd half here. Oh...

G

gerryinromania

I had a pretty crap stream, but that performance was awful. Hanley, Stiepermann and the keeper just dismal and they stayed on the pitch. Mr Farke, I know you have big injury problems, but your game management and subbing tonight was out of this world. I'm sure that ET could have done a better job with his pointy green finger. Mr Farke, I hope you enjoy the bad reports. Awful

Din

Din

That penalty absolutely killed us. At 2-1 down you only need to take one chance or have one stroke of luck and you're back in the game, but being 3-1 down from the beginning of the 2nd half just left us with too much work to do. Genuinely one of the most baffling penalty decisions I've ever seen. What does the referee think has happened? Does he think Hanley has just thrown himself to the floor to try and handle the ball? Ridiculous decision. That all said though fair play to Luton. By far the better team and did their job very well. Deserved the win.

We were awful. I don't know what happened to us. Every 2nd touch we took was a tackle, every pass was going astray, we lost every 50/50. We may have injuries, but we still had 11 good players out on that pitch, who are capable of a lot better than what we saw tonight.

I understand Farke's reluctance to play the younger players, but when the squad is stretched so thin we can't afford not to use them. Plus what harm could it have done bringing Omotoye on in the 70th minute, seeing as neither Stiepermann or Placheta offered us anything up front. I know we get Pukki back on Saturday, but is Farke planning on just playing him for 90 minutes every game until Hugill is fit, because if he does then he'll get injured again. Also, please get McGovern out the side. I don't see any way Barden could do worse. He inspires zero confidence in the defence, can't come out from corners, can't kick the ball. There's literally no reason not to put Barden in for the next 3/4 games until Krul is back fit.

Still, somehow we're still top of the league, and now go into the weekend for a game in front of 2000 home fans and with a recognised striker in the team. If we can start bringing back injured players from this point onwards, no reason why we can't kick on from here and put another winning run together.

G

gerryinromania

Enjoy the game Morty, dew yew hev a gret owd holla for me in the backwoods

morty

morty

Staff member
That team should have been enough to win that game. McGovern is just dire, he has no presence, no organisational capabilities, he isn't tall enough, isn't decisive enough, and is woeful with the ball at his feet. And at the other end, whatever fluid system our front 4 were playing, it just did not work, they all looked lost.

Generally the football was ponderous and very, very easy to defend against.

I'm only going on Saturday because I am climbing the walls after being home for 7 weeks!

Din

Din

Anyone using iPlayer ? I haven’t bothered at all this season

I use it because I get most of our games for free, but out of principle I try not to pay the £10 whenever my season ticket isn't applicable (although over lockdown I have begrudgingly paid it a couple of times). When you think about how much of a shitstorm the £15 PPV caused in the Premier League, yet the EFL has had pretty much the same thing for a few seasons now. Plus, it's a shit service. I didn't see Luton's first goal or our goal that was ruled out for offside tonight because they were showing extended replays of a foul or a pass that had no bearing on the game at all, and I've lost count of the number of games where the commentary has disappeared for 5 minutes then reappeared during games this season.

So yeah, continue to not bother would be my advice :D

G

gerryinromania

Load of hypocrites on the other place. Complaining about people using streams and therefore stealing from the club by not paying for i follow. Quite a few of us Norwich fans worldwide, unable to use i follow. They obviously don't know that people live in places like Romania, Botswana etc. Places that have Canary fans, but can't get to support. Strangely enough, this fan from over the hills, has been paying a membership fee since it started, and can't avail myself of any of the benefits. It's my little way of helping the club

OldRobert

OldRobert

The day the Pink Thing dictates what I watch and where I watch it is the day democracy finally is lost. Mind you with the number of Lefties on that platform, I doubt many of them could spell the word. :mad:

morty

morty

Staff member
Norwich City have complained about this, you can see why, how dodgy is hugging the ref when he has just awarded you a penalty!!??

22.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.