By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Man Utd (away) Saturday 11th January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
I’ve done the same din, don’t go on the pinkun though, all the weirdos are out
I went for a look, I see what you mean. I see Lakey is on top form too, the whole place ran better when I was there to keep him in line ;)

Cute to see that Greavsy reads here. Hi buddy *waves* :D

morty

morty

Staff member
And another thing, how shit are Man U fans? The pic below is 10 minutes left, and they are winning four nil. Still, I guess they had to get their trains back to London.....

20200111_164759.jpg

N

Number 9

Probably not, but not sure what you think will?

We are never going to improve defensively enough to grind games out 1 nil at this level, so the only answer is to score more goals. Nobody has really cemented the No 10 position this season, Stiepermann just hasn't made the step up. And when playing a lone striker you need a 10 who chips in with goals and takes the load off. So who knows, could work!
Our defence hasn't been organised properly for a few years, goodness knows what they do in training - other than practicing passing the ball around between themselves.
We're letting in 2 goals per game, there's no way a new number 10 is going to get us three goals per game.
Bear in mind that our attacking midfielders are already being praised to the rafters and Emi for instance has stats only one or two players in the league can equal, is the new boy going to beat that? Unlikely to be better than that very quickly while he's acclimatising and he's gone in a matter of weeks anyway.

N

Number 9

The false number nine then, we had it for a short time at the end against PNE, then for a longer period against United.

What do we think of this as a tactic?

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

The false number nine then, we had it for a short time at the end against PNE, then for a longer period against United.

What do we think of this as a tactic?
I think it was a case of needs must rather than a plan to use it regularly, I am concerned about Pukki though, we really need him to be fit for Saturday

N

Number 9

I think it was a case of needs must rather than a plan to use it regularly, I am concerned about Pukki though, we really need him to be fit for Saturday
A false nine affects the formation / team shape. It could make a team defensively more solid as the midfield becomes packed with bodies etc, especially may come into Farkes mind if he had a striker shortage and a new hot shot midfielder who can score goals?
I'm not sure these things are done by accident, Farke doesn't change things on a whim.

Status
Not open for further replies.