By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Man Utd (away) Saturday 11th January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Seeing that Pukki hasn't trained today, so looks like we will see if wonderkid Idah can cut it at this level! Also said that Drimc back in training, which is helpful but doesn't detract from the fact I think we need a striker in the door soon.

Youngsters Josh Martin and Jordan Thomas training with the first team.

Man U have all sorts of injury issues, so you never know......

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I’ve got a feeling we’re getting something from this one

morty

morty

Staff member
Fuck it....

20200109_195349.jpg

morty

morty

Staff member
Press conference :-

Pukki definitely out tomorrow. Hoping to be back for Bournemouth. His toe has settled down now but has hamstring issue.
Ralf Fahrmann available.
Drmic not in the mix.
Godfrey's rehab going well, back in training next week, could even be available for Bournemouth.
Lewis had tonsillitis earlier in week, but trained towards the end of the week, so is available.
Farke quite bullish on Max Aarons speculation, "Leave him alone and let him develop".
Farke puts an arm around Idah, telling folk not to expect too much.
He hints at possible changes to adapt to a different style of striker playing up front.

No pressure, only fit striker, lol!

G

gerryinromania

Imo. Fahrmann, has been a complete waste of a lot of money. Has the Irish number 3 keeper let us down yet? No, played when required, always ready, and doing his job, a professional, not a sick note

morty

morty

Staff member
Imo. Fahrmann, has been a complete waste of a lot of money. Has the Irish number 3 keeper let us down yet? No, played when required, always ready, and doing his job, a professional, not a sick note
Trouble is, Krul gets injured then you would be relying on McGovern keeping goal in the hardest league in the world. Risky....

G

gerryinromania

Trouble is, Krul gets injured then you would be relying on McGovern keeping goal in the hardest league in the world. Risky....
We've been relying on him, Fahrmann has been off, how many minutes has he played?

Din

Din

Not one for turning games off before the end no matter what the score, but have just done it with this one. United have been good, yes, but we have been very poor. Far too lightweight in midfield, pulling out of challenges, not bothering to stop crosses, sitting far too deep, making awful decisions when on the ball. Didn't neccisarily expect us to get something today but at least expected us to look as if we'd fight to get something to stay in the league, and to be honest we just don't. So disappointing.

G

gerryinromania

Had it on Eurosport, not pretty. Zimmermann and Krul were crap. Don't know who wore the shirts of Vrancic and Maclean, but for sure, they were not very good. Old man Tettey, a warrior, Hanley almost a warrior. 2 fullbacks,Cantwell and Buendia not too bad. There were some sulky bottom lips out there. Hope some of them give their wages to the Aussie firemen, who are trying so hard.Tonight, NCFC are non combatants in my view. Sad

OldRobert

OldRobert

What a load of rubbish that was. Imo only Buendia deserves praise from our side, and it looked to me as though the Manure players afforded him respect too, and rightly so. The gulf today was huge, and this from opponents who are not of the same calibre as a Fergie side.

morty

morty

Staff member
Well, long old day. Left the house at 06:30 (Norwich time) and took the cabbagemobile oop North, got back in the house about 10:45 (also Norwich time)

Was given wrong pub info and started in The Quadrant and found we were the only away fans in there, supped up and left and went to the cricket ground, which was much better.

We started brightly, but never really threatened, you always felt that Man U knew we would come and give it a go, and that they just had to ride it out for a bit. Poor Adam Idah was very isolated, he is a big lad, and he does have pace when he gets going, but he just does not have the engine that Pukki has. They let us fanny about for a while, without doing any damage, then Rashford got on the end of a peach of a cross, 1 nil. Cantwell had a good chance just before half time but us being us, of course it didn't go in.

Second half, just the one goal down, you are still in with a chance, and then shock of shocks, Man U get a pen. Looked like Krul got the ball, but not surprised it was given, haven't seen it back as no way was I watching MOTD. Would it have been given at the other end? Debatable. But thats 2 nil away from home, and our only fit striker is starting to look out of ideas. You could visibly see the players heads go down, and I won't bother running through the rest.

Farke switched to 3 at the back, probably too late, but to be fair, hanging in there and two minutes later 3-nil, really not sure what more he could of done. There was an inevitable 4th, and that was that. Worrying knock on Hanley late on, we don't need any more injuries. Re the 3 at the back, I think given better circumstances, and having two strikers then a 3-5-2 could be the plan B we desperately need, but haven't had the players to play.

Emi was good, I thought Cantwell was excellent, Vrancic was poor, he should have been threading balls through for Idah, but just didn't.

The long and skinny of it is that we are just not quite good enough, and it is all conspiring against us, the CB injuries, the striker injuries, we just don't have the quality in depth to absorb any kinds of injury, and all too often you look at the bench for inspiration and don't quite see it. I see people blaming Farke, I don't. The fans were in fantastic voice, and stayed long after the whistle to appreciate the team, despite the result. The away fans are definitely still with the team. End of the day, losing to Man U away isn't going to define our season, but we are seriously starting to run out of games now.

Last game for me, for a while, away back to work on Tuesday!

20200111_124902.jpg

20200111_145906.jpg

morty

morty

Staff member
good job we're looking to sign an attacking midfielder, that'll solve all our problems :rolleyes:
Probably not, but not sure what you think will?

We are never going to improve defensively enough to grind games out 1 nil at this level, so the only answer is to score more goals. Nobody has really cemented the No 10 position this season, Stiepermann just hasn't made the step up. And when playing a lone striker you need a 10 who chips in with goals and takes the load off. So who knows, could work!

Status
Not open for further replies.