By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Manchester City (Home) Saturday 14th September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
But seriously, what the hell does Farke do? Against, probably, the best club side in the world? Stick to his guns and play his own game, hoping that if we get cuffed fans will understand?

N

Number 9

But seriously, what the hell does Farke do? Against, probably, the best club side in the world? Stick to his guns and play his own game, hoping that if we get cuffed fans will understand?
Can't go defensive with all the defenders injured.
Didn't McCarthy get a fine for playing reserve team against one of the big teams few years ago? When he was at wolves?
Can see a point though, we don't need any more injuries, play the reserves in a game we will lose anyway.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Imo he has no choice other than play his own game. The fans will understand unless we win!

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Just do what we did against Liverpool and Chelsea and hope for the best. Think I'd rather us lost 7-2 doing that than 5-0 trying to do damage limitation for 90 minutes.

If any doubts with Aarons don't risk him though, Byram if he's not 100. That's what Byram is here for, to deputise for Aarons.

OldRobert

OldRobert

There are some nasty rumours, (stress rumours),flying about re Aarons and how long he may be out for, like 2 months. I just hope they're just that, rumours.

morty

morty

Staff member
Press conference, not particularly cheery :-

Timm Klose doesn't need surgery. It won't reduce his time out. He is out for 9 months but could be 1-2 months less.

Zimmermann is out until January. His ligaments are okay but it's a complicated injury.

Grant Hanley is not available for the starting line-up tomorrow. He is back on the training pitch today and he could play 20/30 minutes tomorrow.

Tom Trybull is out. He damaged his ligaments against West Ham. He won't come back before the next international break.

Patrick Roberts is ineligible. Moritz Leitner is out with his calf. He hasn't trained for 2 weeks.

Mario Vrancic is not available for tomorrow, he has a calf strain. Max Aarons is also out, he could be back after the next international break.

Ben Godfrey came back with a groin strain from international and is a major doubt for tomorrow. It will be a short-term decision.

Tim Krul is a minor doubt for tomorrow. I may have to name three goalkeepers in the squad.

morty

morty

Staff member
So apart from the striker position, the injured players could make up a team that isn't very far away from being our strongest line up. :(

morty

morty

Staff member
Idah nailed on for the 18. Might not be the only development talent either

We have nothing to lose against #mcfc But in this game with these circumstances we can win a lot.'

dj161

dj161

so I'd assume it'll be something like

Krul
Byram Amadou Godfrey? Lewis
McLean Tettey
Emi Steipermann Cantwell
Pukki
subs - Fahrmann, Heise, Hanley, Drmic, Sbreny, Idah, McGovern/Youngster

OldRobert

OldRobert

Looks worse in black and white. So weak in the middle.....................I don't doubt they'll do their best, and support them I will, can't help the but.

Din

Din

If Godfrey is a major doubt I really hope we don't risk him. Just put Heise in centre back, or Heise left back Lewis in the middle. Could even move Tettey into defence and reshuffle the midfield. We simply cannot afford to lose him. It would be daft to risk a more serious injury for a game that we will likely get thrashed with or without him.

To be fair, the season we finished 12th under Lambert we lost 6-0 and 7-1 to Manchester City. And that was before they were the animal they are now with Guardiola at them helm. So there is absolutely no shame in being hammered by them and regardless of what happens I hope that all the players get applauded at the end and it made clear to them that we are all behind them.

I just hope the players that are available put in a decent performance, and maybe we can grab a goal. Do that I'll be satisfied.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Big test for DF today to make sure that whatever team steps out today, knows that to play to their best is all that is expected. Their fans will all be behind them, and as Din says they should be applauded off at the end no matter what. OTBC.

morty

morty

Staff member
I saw this quote from Farke earlier "I will back them. I will protect them and I will not be annoyed if it is not the perfect performance. All I ask is they are brave and they have invested everything."

#manlove

N

Number 9

I saw this quote from Farke earlier "I will back them. I will protect them and I will not be annoyed if it is not the perfect performance. All I ask is they are brave and they have invested everything."

#manlove
Part of me says bravo!
Part of me says why didn't you invest in quality defensive players, for the back four and in midfield.

morty

morty

Staff member
Part of me says bravo!
Part of me says why didn't you invest in quality defensive players, for the back four and in midfield.
When they are fit we have enough quality, you have to admit we have been pretty unlucky, you can't really legislate for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.