By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Middlesbrough (away) Saturday 21st November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Interesting that Hugill in for Pukki, can only assume that's to do with the workload from the international break
Yeah apparently Pukki was knackered when he got back. Clever move from Farke, Hugill knows this is a chance to stake his claim.

Interestingly is no Cantwell on the bench, despite no mention of an injury. Chris Goreham saying he is out with a minor knock. Starting to rub my chin about this...

dj161

dj161

especially considering they said he was available just yesterday, guess he could of got a whack during yesterday's session even though I'm pretty sure the press conference was after training, can't imagine they've trained since then with travelling up.................hmmm

dj161

dj161

I approve of this image

Capture.PNG

OldRobert

OldRobert

Excellent win by the boys. Hanley I thought was immense. Hugill for me totally ineffective, even before his knock. Hoping Emi's knock is minor. We do need some of our injured back soon The squad doesn't look quite so large atm.

morty

morty

Staff member
Apparently Warnock proper has the arse over this. Nothing new there :p

Trivia, since Wembley, the last 5 times we have played Boro, we have beat them one nil.

G

gerryinromania

Watched first half, which I thought was rather scruffy. Walked to Lidl for new supplies. back an hour later, to find that we had won away, clean sheet and top of the champs. Avery good win, if not straight forward. Well done lads, but I'm not going to Lidl every game

Din

Din

What a win. I genuinely would've probably taken a point if offered it before kick-off. Middlesbrough were in such good form and were seemingly almost impossible to score a goal against let alone beat. To come away from this game with 3 points is fantastic.

Absolutely immense defensive performance. I genuinely can't remember the last time we looked this solid defensively. Only conceded 4 goals in our last 8 games, 3 consecutive clean sheets, and this vulnerability we seemed to have for years from balls into our box, particularly from set-pieces, is a distant memory at the moment. Man of the match for me undoubtedly Hanley. Absolute unit at the back. Won every header, made some brilliant blocks and challenges. I criticised him a couple of times when he first came into the side, but in the last 5/6 games he has been fantastic. Gibson was also superb. One sloppy moment aside where he gave away the penalty, he looked composed on the ball and completely solid at the back. Ollie Skipp was also brilliant in the middle, really impressive. Aarons and Buendia also had very good games, Pukki improved us a fair bit when he came on as well I thought.

Has to be said though we really did have a let off with their penalty :D poor play all-round from us not clearing the ball despite having a couple of opportunities to do so. Even when they showed replays at the time though it's hard to see if Tavernier did hit the ball onto his standing foot. I'd be pretty annoyed if that was given against us, but ultimately if he actually did take a 'double-touch' then the right call was made. Got away with one there though because it was all our own doing, and it actually seemed to spur us on a bit. Sorenson was also perhaps a bit lucky to still be on the pitch, don't think we could've had too many complaints if he'd got a 2nd yellow. Oh well :cool:

Another tough game up next against Stoke. I say it every week but it still feels like we've got another couple of gears we can go up, so let's hope we can keep improving and keep our unbeaten run going.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I still can’t see the double touch either but the pundits etc are saying the ref got it right

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Whilst we understandably really pleased with the result, it’s worth noting that they’ve only won four times this season and including yesterday have taken two points from nine without scoring a goal. Warnock sacrificing forwards to keep clean sheets

morty

morty

Staff member
Whilst we understandably really pleased with the result, it’s worth noting that they’ve only won four times this season and including yesterday have taken two points from nine without scoring a goal. Warnock sacrificing forwards to keep clean sheets
They have finishing in 6th and losing at Wembley written all over them :D

Status
Not open for further replies.