By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Middlesbrough (away) Saturday 30th March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

so when do we start the Leitner vs McLean debate for this week?
I think fans are now just accepting of the fact that Farke doesn't change a winning team unless injury or suspension forces him into it.

Personally I don't think McLean looks like a Farke player and I'm finding it a bit frustrating and don't think its a complete coincidence that McLean has started 7 in a row and Pukki's goals have dried up now we aren't dominating possession in the middle of the park.

But on the other hand he's clearly a good player and an absolute steal at £100k and clearly good enough to be at a top 6 Championship side, just better suited to one that plays a bit differently - Middlesbrough could probably do with him.

Our players seem a bit reluctant to use him at times, and he doesn't always appear to be on the same wavelength. The pointy man thing does my head in, when a player is motionless and just points at another part of the pitch it basically says "I'm not making myself available for the ball", and even if they are pointing at the best place to stick the ball.... it alerts the opposition to the Norwich player in space surely?

And our entire team ethos is every player making themselves available and moving into space.

Naismith was Mr Pointy Man as well when he ran out of steam.

But I'm sure Farke knows what Leitner and Vrancic have to offer over McLean, but if he's been consistent in not changing a winning team all season (pretty sure he has been) then it undermines his own management to change that policy at a whim.

McLean does offer more of a goal threat than Leitner and he seems really good at getting himself in good positions on the edge of the box to have a pop at goal, but I think a team with Leitner or Vrancic in it creates more chances for other players.

I say we get promoted and then convert McLean into the £1.5m that he's probably worth to a Derby County or similar.... he is a bit of a pound shop Lampard and even looks like him too, so that would be a good fit. He's not homegrown and unfortunately we're going to have to be a bit ruthless if we're going to have 8 homegrown players out of 25 and remain competitive in the Premier League..... just a completely different level.

Just so torn on him because he's evidently a good player and a great bit of business in a financial sense.... just doesn't look dynamic enough for the fluid football that we've been trying to play all season.

N

Number 9

I think fans are now just accepting of the fact that Farke doesn't change a winning team unless injury or suspension forces him into it.

Personally I don't think McLean looks like a Farke player and I'm finding it a bit frustrating and don't think its a complete coincidence that McLean has started 7 in a row and Pukki's goals have dried up now we aren't dominating possession in the middle of the park.

But on the other hand he's clearly a good player and an absolute steal at £100k and clearly good enough to be at a top 6 Championship side, just better suited to one that plays a bit differently - Middlesbrough could probably do with him.

Our players seem a bit reluctant to use him at times, and he doesn't always appear to be on the same wavelength. The pointy man thing does my head in, when a player is motionless and just points at another part of the pitch it basically says "I'm not making myself available for the ball", and even if they are pointing at the best place to stick the ball.... it alerts the opposition to the Norwich player in space surely?

And our entire team ethos is every player making themselves available and moving into space.

Naismith was Mr Pointy Man as well when he ran out of steam.

But I'm sure Farke knows what Leitner and Vrancic have to offer over McLean, but if he's been consistent in not changing a winning team all season (pretty sure he has been) then it undermines his own management to change that policy at a whim.

McLean does offer more of a goal threat than Leitner and he seems really good at getting himself in good positions on the edge of the box to have a pop at goal, but I think a team with Leitner or Vrancic in it creates more chances for other players.

I say we get promoted and then convert McLean into the £1.5m that he's probably worth to a Derby County or similar.... he is a bit of a pound shop Lampard and even looks like him too, so that would be a good fit. He's not homegrown and unfortunately we're going to have to be a bit ruthless if we're going to have 8 homegrown players out of 25 and remain competitive in the Premier League..... just a completely different level.

Just so torn on him because he's evidently a good player and a great bit of business in a financial sense.... just doesn't look dynamic enough for the fluid football that we've been trying to play all season.
I agree to a certain extent apart from I think he's playing out of position.
I see his strength as playing just behind the striker, the Steiperman role if you like.
Its, in my opinion, unfair to judge him on where he has been playing because we've got a couple of players for that position who are quite special.

So would you have dropped Marco for McLean? How superb Marco has been and how well he has linked with Pukki earlier in the season, every so often he has a couple of quiet games, but not often.
So I can understand why Farke has not swapped McLean into that role, apart from a brief spell when he was pushed forward following an atrocious first half.

It doesn't feel good to me to get away with it in games when we have better players on the bench.
We seem to be making hard work of games we were dominating earlier in the season.

N

Number 9

Buendia's back flick to set up Onel for the goal!

Status
Not open for further replies.