By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Newcastle (Home) Saturday 17th August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
The scramble for tickets for this on the Facebook groups/ Twitter has been manic!
I'm betting Hanley keeps his place and plays out of his skin!

N

Number 9

I too think Hanley will start.
I wouldn't be surprised if Farke put out the same 11 who started against Liverpool. Let's face it, he did it last season enough times when the social networks and local media were suggesting changes.

If it were me -

Krul
Lewis, Arrons, Godfrey & Klose if fit / Hanley
Amadou, Leitner
Hernandez, Buendia & Steiperman
Pukki

Not sure if Klose is fit?

I'd be looking to sub Robert's and Drmic on for Steiperman and Pukki - unless they're playing out their skins and scoring goals.

N

Number 9

Press conference injury update :-

Insert name of player - is out for * months with a insert name of body part injury.

No, I'm not going to bring in any free agent's or kids from the U23 team.

OldRobert

OldRobert

One game in, and already injury list is looking bad. When will Klose be fit? Hernandez out long term, Drimic out, Zimmerman, McLean, Idah all out. Another injury or two tomorrow and we are up sh*t street.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Press conference injury update :-

Insert name of player - is out for * months with a insert name of body part injury.

No, I'm not going to bring in any free agent's or kids from the U23 team.

Martin Olsson and Gary Hooper available on a free! :p

Din

Din

Hernandez a huge blow, particularly if it ends up being 6/7 months rather than 3. Regardless though is a massive loss for us.

With the injuries we have I'd say the team should be:

Krul
Aarons Hanley Godfrey Lewis
Trybull Leitner
Buendia Stiepermann Cantwell
Pukki

Subs: Fahrmann, Byram, Heise, Amadou, Vrancic, Roberts, Srbeny
Same as last week essentially but Leitner in for McLean, which is a change I would've hoped we'd make regardless of whether McLean was fit or not. I would've liked to see have seen Onel come in for Stiepermann and Cantwell moved inside, but obviously that can't happen. Would possibly be tempted to bring Roberts/Vrancic in for Stiepermann, but I'd give him another chance despite a below par performance at Anfield last week.

Really cannot wait for this. Just so hope we can get a result. To be fair if we play how we did at Anfield without the defensive mistakes, we'll get something I'm sure. OTBC

SwindonCanary

SwindonCanary

First home match, back to the usual routine of leaving at 8am to reach the fine City at about midday !

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Getting nervous, I think people may be under estimating Newcastle, any premier league team is going to be a good side.

N

Number 9

Good first half, now have to work hard in 2nd half and take their chances when they come, probably on the break.
3 points here we come.

OldRobert

OldRobert

It's almost hard to believe we've got a goal scorer as good as Pukki playing for us. Ridiculously good. Best I've seen in a Norwich shirt.
Somehow we've got to hang on to him for next season too. Gawd knows how, if he keeps going like this....................:rolleyes:

Din

Din

Quite late :D but yeah a fantastic game, a fantastic performance and a fantastic day.

Absolutely made up for Pukki to get a hat-trick. Cantwell, Leitner, Trybull and Lewis all absolutely brilliant. If we play like this for the whole season not only will we stay up but we'll be challenging for top 10.

Din

Din

Oh yeah, and the atmosphere at Carrow Road was genuinely I think the best I've ever heard it. The whole ground belting out songs before the players had even come out the tunnel was just amazing, and the scenes at the end of the game were brilliant as well. Looking forward to it being just as good on Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.