By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Sheffield Utd (away) Saturday 7th March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
morty

morty

Staff member
Back down to business!

Not really sure anyone who featured on Wednesday, who doesn't normally feature, has played their way into the team, unless fatigue or injuries become an issue. Though I do wonder if Drmic will start.

Going to be a tough one this, we don't seem to do well against teams that have the ability to bully us, but we really are getting to the "do or die" stage here where we need wins! And after Wednesday night, I wish I had bought tickets for this now!

morty

morty

Staff member
Pukki and Tettey available, looks like Zimmermann could travel and maybe make the bench. Good news in the fact (that passed me by) that Hanley, after picking up a second yellow in the FA cup, will be banned for the visit of Man Utd.

Emi fit, and just had cramp at the end of the Spurs game.

Klose back in training, but not likely to feature till after the international break.

“I’m pretty pleased with my strikers,” Farke says of Drmic, particularly with how he has returned since injury, and also praise for Idah at Spurs: “With his pace he created many good situations, he created space for his team-mates.” Farke adds Teemu Pukki May have got more breaks had Drmic been fit more often. “No human recovers quicker than a striker who scored a goal.”

“I am totally happy with them, of course they are not totally happy when they are not playing,” Farke continues of Trybull and Vrancic. Realises Mario is capable of “genius moments” and made some good passes, sees both as important parts of his squad. No sympathy on this level, you have to be on your level each and every game day, but I can judge this in a calmed down way,” Farke says of Trybull and Vrancic performances at Spurs, suggests criticism may have been a little harsh given lack of game time

morty

morty

Staff member
Lots of enthusiasm for this game then....:D

OldRobert

OldRobert

Can't see Buendia starting after le cramp. Presumably Tettey, MClean and Duda will start. Back line picks itself. Zimm on bench. No idea between Pukki and Drmic. Probably wrong but that's my offering, as long as we can get 3 points somehow.

dj161

dj161

not sure if I'm being hopeful or optimistic, but I fancy us to get something here, would say a point is a good result but we need to be winning games like this, sure it's away and Sheff Utd are comfortably placed in the top half and beat us at Carrow Road earlier in the season but I have a good feeling about it

Krul
Aarons Hanley Godfrey Lewis
McLean Tettey
Emi/Rupp Duda Cantwell
Pukki​

OldRobert

OldRobert

You're right, a point ain't enough, has to be 3. I think Rupp may well start over Emi.

morty

morty

Staff member
You're right, a point ain't enough, has to be 3. I think Rupp may well start over Emi.
I think Rupp too unfortunately. Sheff U are just the type of side that we don't like playing, the type of side that physically bullies us.

In my usual optimistic style, I am having a bet on 1 nil to us.

morty

morty

Staff member
Untitled.jpg

OldRobert

OldRobert

Ha ha, me wrong again! Emi starts. 2 strikers on the bench. Must be going for the 3 points. OTBC.

morty

morty

Staff member
Ha ha, me wrong again! Emi starts. 2 strikers on the bench. Must be going for the 3 points. OTBC.
I did wonder if Drmic would start, Pukki must know he has to get amongst the goals soon though.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Disappointing performance I thought. Didn't play until the final 15 minutes, then too bloody late. Time Duda was dropped.

G

gerryinromania

Once again, hooper didn't do his job, how was Fleck not carded, we lost, fair and square, but hooper is hooper. We were trying to tiptoe through the daisies, not realising that the daisies were bloody aggressive thistles. Pukki is no longer Pukki the danger man, he's just like a soggy moggie. Buendia and Vrancic?

morty

morty

Staff member
Once again, hooper didn't do his job, how was Fleck not carded, we lost, fair and square, but hooper is hooper. We were trying to tiptoe through the daisies, not realising that the daisies were bloody aggressive thistles. Pukki is no longer Pukki the danger man, he's just like a soggy moggie. Buendia and Vrancic?
Was always going to be a tough game, but playing 120 minutes on Wednesday night was always going to be a factor, maybe not a full blown excuse, but I think yesterday was just one of those days where too many players had a bang average game.

Saving grace is that all our relegation rivals also lost, so we lost no ground. Time running out though...

G

gerryinromania

I totally agree Morty. Sheff also played 120 minutes, but they had the good fortune to play 24 hours before us. It's a real struggle to get yourself fit and ready, with so little down time and travel involved

Status
Not open for further replies.