By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Southampton (Home) Saturday 20th November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

One thing for me is when we have the ball out wide we were putting crosses into the box which I think will become a regular part of our game now. This isn’t meant as anti Farke but it’s something we never really did and would have worked the ball back round.
It was also nice to see Smith and Shakey on their feet all game constantly talking about how the game was going ( I hope ! ) and making changes pro actively rather than reactively

morty

morty

Staff member
Current form table.

Wolves going to be a tough game!

fff.jpg

OldRobert

OldRobert

As has been said, second half was excellent, shows how we can press and generally be a bloody nuisance. Soton are a good side but we bettered them in the second half and got the three points.
I do agree with Morty re Cantwell, I don't know why he started, I know he hasn't played first team for ages, but I think there is a discussion to be had over the next month as to whether he should be kept or not.

G

gerryinromania

Thanks for the reports from you guys that went, must have been a super day, with the beers flowing freely at the end. totally agree with Morty and OR on the doorstop. I wonder if the coach put him in with some belief in the fella, but also a put up or shut up warning. Sergent offerede much more than him, plus, I believe he takes away some of the pressure from Pukki

N

Number 9

As has been said, second half was excellent, shows how we can press and generally be a bloody nuisance. Soton are a good side but we bettered them in the second half and got the three points.
I do agree with Morty re Cantwell, I don't know why he started, I know he hasn't played first team for ages, but I think there is a discussion to be had over the next month as to whether he should be kept or not.
Let him get fit first.
The start of the season, although we didn't win any points, Todd's performance stats were the very best in our squad.
We will need our best players on the pitch, I'll happily predict that Cantwell will play a big part in our survival.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Let him get fit first.
The start of the season, although we didn't win any points, Todd's performance stats were the very best in our squad.
We will need our best players on the pitch, I'll happily predict that Cantwell will play a big part in our survival.
He needs an impressive week in training, he just looked like he wasn’t bothered. One thing I liked about Bradley Johnson was if he wasn’t having a good game he continued to work hard. Todd didn’t do that yesterday

OldRobert

OldRobert

I know I'll get accused of "not liking Cantwell again", but I have to agree with FF, he doesn't look like he's bothered and hasn't for a long time. No, he won't be fit, but he could have put in a better shift than he did having been given a start.

D

DaveJ

Villan in peace - great result for you guys yesterday. Norwich are my second team and with Dean now in charge it’s even better.
I do hope you can survive this year.
It does appear that you now have the fire in your bellies.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Dean taking a couple of our fringe players to Norfolk in January - El Ghazi would be a great fit for you IMO along with Davies to add some support to pukki.
If the worst happens, you will defo be favourites for a swift return to the prem and I’m glad to say your last two performances will at least shut up O’hara.
Good luck fella’s and UTV

Gunvald Larsson

Gunvald Larsson

1st half v Southampton on Saturday (apart from the goal) was pretty ropey .... Smith must have really kicked their arses to get them to show up in the 2nd half .... much, much better .... taking Cantwell off (he was terrible) was necessary and Sargent played a blinder, as did Pukki, Rashica, Gilmour and most of the defence (still concerned about Aarons' tendency to leave left-wingers unmarked and in acres of space) ... glad to see that playing out from the back was kicked into touch, but if we're going to use Krul's kicks as an effective weapon we need someone like Sargent to be able to win headers .... all in all a good win (and deserved IMHO)
1f642.png

G

gerryinromania

Someone pointed out, that the half time changes of bringing on Sergent and swapping wings for Rashica, replicated the success they had whilst playing together at Werder Bremen, don't know if this is fact or not

morty

morty

Staff member
Someone pointed out, that the half time changes of bringing on Sergent and swapping wings for Rashica, replicated the success they had whilst playing together at Werder Bremen, don't know if this is fact or not
Interesting.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Well spotted GIR.

Status
Not open for further replies.