By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Stoke (away) Monday 22nd April.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

I don’t think I’ve ever left an away draw feeling so disappointed. Obviously listened to the Leeds game which changed my mood again :)
Once again we were ok without being really on it, I thought we looked particularly nervous in the second half, players wanting too many touches and playing it a bit safe. Mario made a difference again, McLean would be my man of the match, he does a lot of the dirty stuff that people may not see or appreciate and covered a lot of ground. I’m going to sneak a small bottle of bubbly into the ground Saturday night :)

David Evans

David Evans

I thought ultimately we played pretty well and scored 2 goals that should have been enough to win it, but sick at the goals we conceded sloppy to say the least, we really are our own worst enemy this season.

Thankfully Leeds have practically handed promotion on a silver platter to us.

morty

morty

Staff member
I was a bit annoyed at how much "FFS what was Hernandez doing for the second goal???" I saw on Twitter. He slipped, for goodness sake.

David Evans

David Evans

I was a bit annoyed at how much "FFS what was Hernandez doing for the second goal???" I saw on Twitter. He slipped, for goodness sake.

And he was on the post for their first goal and ducked! He had a poor game yesterday, should have just put his foot through it at 2-1

morty

morty

Staff member
And he was on the post for their first goal and ducked! He had a poor game yesterday, should have just put his foot through it at 2-1
Didn't see it. Criticising a player for just slipping is a bit daft, regardless.

David Evans

David Evans

Didn't see it. Criticising a player for just slipping is a bit daft, regardless.

He slipped trying to be clever and dummy past a player, the criticism is deserved IMO

OldRobert

OldRobert

Onel wasn't the only one to slip tbf, although the others didn't have the same end result. Perhaps Stoke were afraid of our pace and dumped loads of water on the pitch?

Din

Din

To be fair to Hernandez I think pretty much any of our players would try and dribble the ball out in that position. Buendia, Stiepermann, Vrancic, Aarons, McLean etc would all do the same. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and it is easy to look back now and say he should've launched it, but realistically our players pretty much never boot the ball aimlessly up the pitch when they can play it out, and that's part of the reason we've done so well and played such good football this season. I wasn't able to properly watch the game so can't comment on his overall performance, but Hernandez was just unlucky it happened to be him that slipped imo.

Vrancic simply HAS to start next game. Whether that's as a replacement for injured Trybull or for someone else.

N

Number 9

To be fair to Hernandez I think pretty much any of our players would try and dribble the ball out in that position. Buendia, Stiepermann, Vrancic, Aarons, McLean etc would all do the same. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and it is easy to look back now and say he should've launched it, but realistically our players pretty much never boot the ball aimlessly up the pitch when they can play it out, and that's part of the reason we've done so well and played such good football this season. I wasn't able to properly watch the game so can't comment on his overall performance, but Hernandez was just unlucky it happened to be him that slipped imo.

Vrancic simply HAS to start next game. Whether that's as a replacement for injured Trybull or for someone else.
Difficult to imagine Farke making changes, unless Trybull has broken both legs.
Similar to the Leeds squad who haven't made changes for ages, players look knackered, but he hasn't changed it.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Regardless of his slip for the second goal, I found Onels performance really frustrating, he had numerous chances to put the ball across the area but dwelt on it and finished up passing back to Lewis. We really need another pacey wide man to put him under pressure next season.

David Evans

David Evans

To be fair to Hernandez I think pretty much any of our players would try and dribble the ball out in that position.

This is true but both goals were the result of failed dribbles out of defence, I'm not suggesting we rip up our tactics book just that we are a little more pragmatic and flexible, especially when we have the lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.