By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Watford (away) Tuesday 7th July.

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Number 9

20200707_172456.jpg

N

Number 9

McLean, Rupp and Duda not starting. Well that's positive change.

Din

Din

An encapsulation of our season in a way, we didn't actually play too badly but made poor individual errors at the back and ultimately didn't have the nous to win the game. No coincidence that when Farke picks the side that seemed most obviously our best XI that we perform better, have to wonder how we would've got on if he'd done that earlier.

Still mathematically possible to stay up though :)

G

GJP

The ball moves better with Vrancic in the team.

And the talk of McLean being more "solid" was somewhat undermined by their winning goal. He's decent, McLean, but not good enough to have been starting as many games as he has.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

An encapsulation of our season in a way, we didn't actually play too badly but made poor individual errors at the back and ultimately didn't have the nous to win the game. No coincidence that when Farke picks the side that seemed most obviously our best XI that we perform better, have to wonder how we would've got on if he'd done that earlier.

Still mathematically possible to stay up though :)
I don’t think that was obviously our best 11, no Cantwell, Steipermann isn’t a regular choice either in my opinion.

N

Number 9

I don’t think that was obviously our best 11, no Cantwell, Steipermann isn’t a regular choice either in my opinion.
Something about that line up made Pukki look brighter, obviously he didn't score, but it was definitely an improvement.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Something about that line up made Pukki look brighter, obviously he didn't score, but it was definitely an improvement.
Oh yeah, I’m not saying it was a poor line up, just that I don’t think it’s that obvious that we should have been playing with that one. Vrancic can have a good game and is good on the ball, but looks like he’s running in mud. I’m not anti McLean and he probably needs resting but he does have role to play in the team too.

N

Number 9

Oh yeah, I’m not saying it was a poor line up, just that I don’t think it’s that obvious that we should have been playing with that one. Vrancic can have a good game and is good on the ball, but looks like he’s running in mud. I’m not anti McLean and he probably needs resting but he does have role to play in the team too.

How much of a factor is Vrancic absence of game time? Will it take a couple of games for him to be match fit, for us to see his best?
That's a consequence of players being dumped out of the squad for months on end.

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Forgot to say, I thought Josh Martin looked ok too for the time he had, would like to see more of him too

Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

On a slightly off topic note, have they sussed out who I am, over on that other forum yet? ;)
I was going to pm you and ask if it is you ? Anything you want to tell us ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.