By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich City vs Wolves (away) Sunday 23rd February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gerryinromania

Enjoy the game all, will watch it on the tellybox out here. Back in Kings Lynn end of month, unfortunately, my yearly pilgrimage, will not let me see a game this year, all sold out. Kings Lynn will have to put up with this old fella

morty

morty

Staff member
DF: Sam Byram will be out the whole season. He needed surgery and will be out about four months. Christoph Zimmermann is a major doubt due to hamstring problems from the Liverpool game. Onel Hernandez had an incident in training and is also a major doubt. Hernandez hasn’t trained for 2 days. It’s the same knee he injured at the start of the season. He’s still with the doctors. It means at the moment, no one is too sure how bad it is. Farke still hoping it won’t be as bad as the summer.

Now onto Emi... Farke now emphasising how big the PL step up is compared to the Championship, Emi needs protection when maybe he isn’t at 100%. DF is really happy with Emi’s season, even with the ups and downs. He is still improving, goals a particular area Farke would like to see improve. DF stresses it’s not about individual statistics but the team’s statistics. Emi has to be at 100% to make the difference, not 95% where it can go the other way. No one in this room is a bigger fan of Emi than me. But he is a young player and sometimes I have to protect them. He had a superb season last season but this is the first time in his career he has played in the top tier. But Farke sums up Buendia’s ups and downs through the season. When he’s played well and when he’s struggled “against the ball” and with the workload. Farke mentions the 2 recent sub appearances have shown Emi can’t be at 95% and then influence games. Listen I am not saying this to accuse him but it is gameday 26 and he has not scored a goal. He knows that needs to improve. He also needs to make more runs beyond the final man. His points per game in the side is the lowest of all our wingers this season. He can get to the level of a top, top player at this level but since his recent injury I watch him every day in training and he is not quite 100%, yet like his best periods this season.

Farke admits Jamal Lewis has been training brilliantly for a number of weeks. Outstanding. Just wasn’t the chance to drop someone else. Hugely impressed with how he came in against Liverpool. The injury was probably Lewis’ first setback in his career, and then had to fight for his place. He had to be mentally strong for weeks. It’s why Farke is backing Jamal to come back even stronger. Feels this has been a crucial period in his development.

Last edited:
morty

morty

Staff member
Biggest take from the above seems to be that there are reasons why Farke hasn't been picking Emi...

OldRobert

OldRobert

I understand that about Emi, but 2 things. As a young player, maybe he needs a bit longer than that that he's been given as a sub, to have quote: "an influence", and secondly much as I rather like Rupp, I'd rather have a 95% Buendia for 65 minutes for his superior creativity and break up play.

dj161

dj161

so based on the team news I'd imagine we'll line up something like this

Krul
Aarons Hanley Godfrey Lewis
Tettey McLean
Rupp Cantwell Duda
Pukki​

as for subs, no fit first team defenders so that could be interesting, unless I'm forgetting someone

N

Number 9

so based on the team news I'd imagine we'll line up something like this

Krul
Aarons Hanley Godfrey Lewis
Tettey McLean
Rupp Cantwell Duda
Pukki​

as for subs, no fit first team defenders so that could be interesting, unless I'm forgetting someone

Be nice for Teemu to get a goal this weekend,.

dj161

dj161

Capture.PNG

Idah and Steips back in the 18

N

Number 9

Anyone having Rupp? More I see of him the more I want to call him Rump

morty

morty

Staff member
It's worse watching it, I haven't got Goreham sugar coating it
Trust me he isn't.

Tough one now, 2 nil doesn't see Wolves out of sight, next goal is crucial. Does Farke roll the dice and bring Emi and Vrancic on for Ruup and Duda? Everyone also seems to be ignoring the fact that Pukki has been pretty awful for a long time now...

N

Number 9

Trust me he isn't.

Tough one now, 2 nil doesn't see Wolves out of sight, next goal is crucial. Does Farke roll the dice and bring Emi and Vrancic on for Ruup and Duda? Everyone also seems to be ignoring the fact that Pukki has been pretty awful for a long time now...
Godfrey's having a mare, McLean is holding hands with Rupp rather than supporting Tettey, Wolves playing 5 in midfield, Rupp and Duda crap, Pukki running around alot, Todd is mostly near the halfway line firefighting.
Jamal had some good touches.
Needs Emi and Vrancic

morty

morty

Staff member
Godfrey's having a mare, McLean is holding hands with Rupp rather than supporting Tettey, Wolves playing 5 in midfield, Rupp and Duda crap, Pukki running around alot, Todd is mostly near the halfway line firefighting.
Jamal had some good touches.
Needs Emi and Vrancic
Yet again, injuries mean that Godfrey was getting a game this week regardless.

N

Number 9

Too late for subs now, it's passed Farke by again

morty

morty

Staff member
Drmic and Buendia coming on...

With 32 minutes still left to play, for the inevitable discussion later ;)

N

Number 9

Why does he always wait til the moments gone?
Always ten or fifteen minutes too late

Status
Not open for further replies.