Norwich v Brentford

Scott

Scott

Active Member
Don't know if any of you managed to get to the game today, I went and I thought we looked alright, we weren't spectacular but we were able to get a win over a decent Brentford side. New signings looked decent, Mulumbu bossed midfield until he went off with a nasty looking injury #prayformulumbu Brady looks like he's got a hell of a left foot on him and looked sharp and linked up really well at times with some of the others. Didn't really have enough time to judge Wisdom, looked solid enough but doesn't really look an upgrade to what we already have. I thought Grabban was very off the boil, some good movements but can't seem to hit a barn door and then Jerome came on into the second half and showed him how you take your chances. Notable absences RvW and Hooper. Wouldn't be surprised to see a similar 11 next week with Jerome heading the pack

All in all a good run out 
 
Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

Active Member
Thanks for that, always like hearing from someone who went. Overall I think that was a very good pre season put on by the club, hopefully we are at the races vs Palace.
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
Yeah, I agree with pretty much all of that. 

Really liking our midfield right now. There will be times where we play wingerless next season, do hope we use Wisdom at right back in those situations. 
 
Gaffer

Gaffer

Active Member
Highlights are up already:

Good goals from Hoolahan and Jerome but for Jerome in particular to come back from an injury and get a goal like that within 5 minutes of coming on bodes well for the future.
 
Brian Fantana

Brian Fantana

New Member
I thought this game really showed the way AN is going to try and get them to play next year, move it out from the back, retain possession and look for the ball in behind (something we didn't do enough of last year I thought).

All in I think it is looking very positive.
 
G

GJP

Well-Known Member
Mm. I do think we've got to a stage (we got there a while back) where it's hard to see Martin losing his place.
 
K

KeelanforEngland

New Member
Decided to go today mainly in the hope of seeing the new signings , I thought we looked tidy at times ,sloppy at others (mainly at the back) and tended to overplay the ball in midfield , Brady looked lively early on , Wisdom did ok when he came on , but I am not too sure what these games tell us about the side that we didn't already know . I am not convinced that Brentford will be the same force they were in their league this season , they were workmanlike and scored a good goal (after a shocker from Rusty) but we will be put under much greater pressure this season than we were today - their keeper was probably their best player and saved them from a much bigger scoreline , but on a couple of occasions they made our back 4 look very ordinary ,which is a bit of a concern to say the least . I think the need for a CB and another striker is pretty much a priority as I have seen posted on here many times ,but get the feeling we are going into make do and mend mode which we have all seen too many times before . really hoping that AN can get the best out of the squad because I think we are going to have areal fight on our hands to prove the pundits wrong .
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
Jerome is so much better than Grabban.

Very good ball from Wisdom I think to play in Jerome
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Beauseant

Beauseant

Well-Known Member
I suspect that Alex prefers Grabban's movement to Jerome's power but its pretty tight between them. Interesting that RvW and Hooper didn't figure. I have a feeling both will be gone before too long.
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
I agree with you that Alex Neil seems keen on Grabban. But me personally I cant see why you would ever play Grabban over Jerome. Grabban doesnt effectively take his chances at championship level so why anyone thinks he is Premiership standard I dont know. I think he'll seriously struggle at Premiership level. I think in terms of our 5 strikers, only Jerome and Hooper can be relied upon to score at Premier League level. We've seen very little to suggest RvW, Lafferty or Grabban will be effective against Premier League teams
 
TA Canary

TA Canary

New Member
Here's the highlights posted by Brentford, you can see a number of good chances for both sides that weren't in our official video.

 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top