By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Norwich vs Reading (Away) 28th December 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
eatonparkboy

eatonparkboy

Defending sounds awful at times. And it sounds like the back four definitely. Not over yet but we must defend better, Four full internationals and an under 21 should do better.

Yellow Fever

Yellow Fever

Lacking the intensity and concentration today - bit of a lapse back so far.

The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

Going well so far. Oh well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Din

Din

Shambles of a first half. Only listening to it on the radio but we haven't actually created any real chances, and have defended woefully.

I'd bring on Redmond and Hoolahan for Tettey and O'Neil, and play 4-1-2-1-2, with Howson deep, Redmond and Johnson on each wing, and Hoolahan at the tip of the diamond.

eatonparkboy

eatonparkboy

Shambles of a first half. Only listening to it on the radio but we haven't actually created any real chances, and have defended woefully.

I'd bring on Redmond and Hoolahan for Tettey and O'Neil, and play 4-1-2-1-2, with Howson deep, Redmond and Johnson on each wing, and Hoolahan at the tip of the diamond.
Don't forget, Johnson is on a booking. I would swap him for Wes. Maybe then give it ten and then Redmond on for O'Neill. The commentators seem to think we lack a bit of pace but unless we put Redmond up the middle, I don't think their back four will venture out much. We need to bring their two CB's out of the comfort zone.

Yellow Fever

Yellow Fever

Agree with that EPB. Can't afford another red for BJ, and it was BJ who gave away the penalty. Agree with both Wes and Redders coming on. Time for another Cardiff type second half.

eatonparkboy

eatonparkboy

Taking a chance with Tettey the one to go off for Wes. Surely Wes isn't put out to pasture on the left?

Din

Din

Taking a chance with Tettey the one to go off for Wes. Surely Wes isn't put out to pasture on the left?
Pretty sure it's going to be what I said, with the midfield looking like:

Howson​
Redmond-----------------Johnson​
Hoolahan​
 ​
It sounds like if we can get one goal then we will use the momentum to our favour and get another, just like the Cardiff game, it's getting that first goal that's the problem.

eatonparkboy

eatonparkboy

Quick thinking by Martin. Johnson would probably have gone if left to the Reading squealers.

eatonparkboy

eatonparkboy

Doesn't sound as if the changes have made much of a difference. It is sounding terminal at the moment.

Din

Din

Well that sounds controversial, still, we've got one back, come on boys!

Yellow Fever

Yellow Fever

Reading got the break with the penalty, now that's ours! Make it count City!

eatonparkboy

eatonparkboy

Shame. Missing a trick here if Brentford lose as well. Still, we did say 10 points in December would be acceptable.

Din

Din

Sounds like the decision to take Jerome off was a poor one.

Din

Din

Just when we start to build up a bit of optimism with recent performances, we go and play like that. Just sounded appalling.

R

RhythmicTheory

boys let management down today, all the right changes were made.

Status
Not open for further replies.