By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Players numbers?

europeanBob

europeanBob

Hi guys,
New here, so be gentle.

Any news on when the players numbers will be released?
Cheers. :)

N

Number 9

Hi guys,
New here, so be gentle.

Any news on when the players numbers will be released?
Cheers. :)
I believe that the football league has only just decided how big the squads should be so it might be a while.
Bit tricky too for the clubs as the transfer window is still open a while after the season starts.
There's potential for the squads to change dramatically even s few games into the season.

morty

morty

Staff member
Theres one number sorted...

55.jpg

europeanBob

europeanBob

That’s a big statement.
Where dose Pukki and Idah fit in? Not that numbers mean much nowadays.

morty

morty

Staff member
That’s a big statement.
Teemu was 22 last season so he obviously isn't bothered about the no 9 shirt.

Adam was 35 last season.

N

Number 9

That’s a big statement.
Where does Drmic fit in? I don't think he's gone yet, he may well still be loitering around as the season gets underway.

G

GJP

I think it would be quite surprising if we saw Drmic in a Norwich match day squad again.

Same Leitner. Same Trybull.

Making 10, 19 and 20 available.

Though it looks like Skipp is 20.

Din

Din

I noticed while watching highlights the other day that Hernandez is back to 25 and Placheta now has number 11. You would think that was Onel's decision but it's a bit of an odd one.

Have to say as well I'm not a fan of the green names and numbers on the new kit!

morty

morty

Staff member
I noticed while watching highlights the other day that Hernandez is back to 25 and Placheta now has number 11. You would think that was Onel's decision but it's a bit of an odd one.

Have to say as well I'm not a fan of the green names and numbers on the new kit!
Nah, no fan of the green either!

morty

morty

Staff member
If you check out players numbers on their shorts in this gallery, if you can work out who is who, you can see their squad number.

Reactions: Din
G

GJP

No surprises there.

Trybull and Leitner are good players. Drmic...not so sure. I know he's had a couple of decent spells in his career but he never looked like he was on the same page as the others. Not sure he's cut out for the pace of the game over here.

morty

morty

Staff member
Odd that Aston Oxborough has been given a number, he recently ruptured his Achilles, so doubtful we will see him this season. I still think we need a keeper in, I am not happy with the prospect of McGovern in nets if Krul gets injured.

Other than that I think we have a pretty decent squad of players there.

G

GJP

Odd that Aston Oxborough has been given a number, he recently ruptured his Achilles, so doubtful we will see him this season. I still think we need a keeper in, I am not happy with the prospect of McGovern in nets if Krul gets injured.

Other than that I think we have a pretty decent squad of players there.

I dunno. It's not like it's a high profile shirt number. And also it's nice to let the lad keep it rather than take it away because he's injured.

Probably a difficult job finding someone to sit on the bench when, barring injury, Krul will take some shifting.

morty

morty

Staff member
I dunno. It's not like it's a high profile shirt number. And also it's nice to let the lad keep it rather than take it away because he's injured.

Probably a difficult job finding someone to sit on the bench when, barring injury, Krul will take some shifting.
I suppose that McGovern would just about do as backup in the Championship, but you really do need 3 keepers. Or a bit of luck with injuries.

The young keeper they used in the second Darmstadt game, Barden, hasn't been given a squad number.