By using Norwichtalk.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

Pre-season Friendlies

Din

Din

Had a shower at half-time and came back 10 minutes into the 2nd half to find we'd scored, so I rewind the stream to watch the 1st goal, watch it, and then put it back to where it should be to find that in the time I was watchin the 1st goal we'd scored a 2nd, so I rewind my link again, watch the goal, put it back to where it should be, but while I was watching the 2nd goal we scored a 3rd, so I had to rewind etc :D

And now my stream appears to have stopped working, so watch us win 8-2.

OldRobert

OldRobert

Bit like you Din. For most of the 2nd half hadn't got a clue what was happening as the stream kept freezing. Then had to leave it when I went back I discovered we'd won 3-2...........I think!:D

Reactions: Din
Din

Din

Yeah to be fair it took me a while to get mine working again, once I did though I just wound it back to the start of the 2nd half and watched it from there haha.

A few thoughts:

We definitely need a new goalkeeper. Only a pre-season friendly I know but Matthews didn't really cover himself in glory and McGovern inspires no confidence at all.

We looked much better in the 2nd half when we changed to 2 up front. First half we were in a 4-1-4-1 with Trybull sitting deep, Leitner and McLean in front of him with Stiepermann and Hernandez on the wings. There was no link between the midfield and attack and just no cohesion between us at all. 2nd half was much better. We just seemed to have a lot more time and space on the ball.

Main player to stand out was Hernandez. He was a constant threat with his pace and skill and set up our first 2 goals. Louis Thompson was immense when he came on 2nd half, to the point whether I'm actually wondering whether extending Tettey's contract was the right thing to do. Seeing as we now have Trybull, Thompson and Godfrey who can all do his job. Was impressed with Max Aarons as well when he came on. Like Lewis last pre-season, he was confident, comfortable in possession and solid defensively. Long-term right back option maybe? Pukki also very good when he came on and his 2nd goal was superbly taken. Not a bad turn for the first either. As for Srbeny, it was a really nice finish for his goal, but 1st half he was a frustrated figure. Don't know if he's really good enough to play up front by himself. When Pukki came on 2nd half and some of the pressure was taken off him he looked a lot more relaxed.

As for the rest. Leitner didn't have a great first half at all. Did play a couple of nice through balls but generally he actually lost possession with poor passes quite a few times. McLean was anonymous to be honest. Stiepermann on the right hand side first half was pretty shocking, though did improve when moved centrally in the second half. Husband was actually ok. Marshall was pretty 'meh' at right back to be honest, as were Klose and Zim at centre back, though to be fair at one point Klose made a fantastic challenge to deny a great goal-scoring opportunity. Trybull had a good game as usual, and I'm glad he's been considerate enough not to shve his head like last season so I don't confuse him with Leitner. Passlack was ok. Had a loads of energy and made some great forward runs but wasn't really asked anything defensively so hard to judge him in that area. Godfrey looked decent when he came on. Rhodes, Cantwell, Raggett and Wildschut didn't really have any impact on the game but to be fair were only on 15 minutes.

Good run out. Paderborn first half actually looked a really good team to be fair, though it wasn't hard against us seeing how dire our performance was. Only pre-season but still nice to watch a game and see some of the new lads. Onto the next one.

Also Paderborn really need to invest in some nets or something to put over their stands seeing how small they are. Not an insult but they must have lost 5 balls in the first half just from kicking them over the stadium, yet most of the time they were only about 10 feet in the air!

OldRobert

OldRobert

Totally agree with that report Din. Definitely need a goalie. Better report than Archant will be.(Sorry about the language!) Perhaps Morty will pay you to write a report each week. Mind you it'll probably be in gravy!:oops:

N

Number 9

Is ok, we won! The players got buggered during the game though.

N

Number 9

I've just seen the goals from the last friendly against Paderborn.
Ouch!
Keeper.
Howler.

Canaryboy

Canaryboy

I wonder if any Norwich fans went out there to follow the team this season? Saw a few last season say they wish they had.

Or a few expats perhaps? Lots of English in Berlin.

I had a look at the logistics and it doesn't look all that easy by public transport to be honest.... bit of a zig zag.

Din

Din

I wonder if any Norwich fans went out there to follow the team this season? Saw a few last season say they wish they had.

Or a few expats perhaps? Lots of English in Berlin.

I had a look at the logistics and it doesn't look all that easy by public transport to be honest.... bit of a zig zag.

Yeah there was a section of about 30/40 Norwich fans next to one of the corner flags. Assuming they were all Norwich fans anyway there were Norwich flags draped on the advertising boards in front of them.

Would like to do one of these tours to be fair. My mate did Sweden when we were there for pre-season however many years ago and said it was great fun.

morty

morty

Staff member
City lost 2-1 to Union Berlin, Rhodes opened his account, but a Timm Klose og sealed the game.

morty

morty

Staff member
There is genuinely someone on the Ipswich forum, TWTD, crowing about how they won today and we lost. And how Jordan Rhodes better enjoy that goal, as he won't be getting many more.

:D